User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford's pro backup assist?

Is anyone on here using this feature with their Imagine trailers? RV dealer tells me it cannot be used with travel trailers because of space limitations on the frame for the sticker.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke79 View Post
    Is anyone on here using this feature with their Imagine trailers? RV dealer tells me it cannot be used with travel trailers because of space limitations on the frame for the sticker.
    I don't have an Imagine (obviously) but I did try the back up feature with another trailer I have. After many tries (and frustration) trying to follow what the system was telling me to do (and failing miserably) I gave up.

To be fair, the trailer was a small 8' cargo that is very difficult to back up behind my DRW under any circumstances.

For the 315RLTS, backing using the truck's mirrors (and a spotter) works for me.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, the dealer is correct in away that the checkboard sticker is hard to put on, but it can be put on. You have to trim the sticker, so i took from both sides and was succesful. If you have to backup for a great distance this is perfect, as it will not go out and stay straight. What is hard is letting go of the steering wheel, what Ford says it will do it does, i have only used it a couple of times to see how it would be. It worked, would i use it probably not but my wife would use it. LOL

Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The checkerboard stickers have to be right where the propane tanks are on most travel trailers. I'm on the fence on if I'll try it on my shorter utility trailer, but I might since it's there. I spent years pushing aircraft around facing them so I almost always turn the wrong way at first and find myself making a big overcorrection no matter how much I try to remind myself not to. It's not as big a deal on a 26' camper, but it can be on a 14' utility trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked well with my imagine 2018 2150RB and 2016 F150, yes the space is tight but you can trim the pattern to get it to fit. To get the camera to find the pattern make sure you are in a straight line when first turn on. Sometimes it had an issue backing into the sun when the sun was lower in the sky. I saw where some people had mounted a L bracket attached to the frame to display the pattern.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has no issue with sticker on my 2800BH and using it with my 2016 F150XLT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6D185DC0-B512-4DC4-B2B2-1583E444170B.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Has no issue with sticker on my 2800BH and using it with my 2016 F150XLT
    I managed to setup pro backup assist. Driving from the dealer was fine, backing up took some getting used . Took me about an hour to backup, but finally managed on to my narrow driveway. I found that backing up without the system was less confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up our 2019 Imagine 2400BH in late October and installed Pro Backup Assist sticker with no issues. I was stressed out whole trip home about backing the new 2400BH into our driveway that slopes up. Circumstances had not allowed me to practice backing up too much and we just decided to give Pro Backup Assist a try. It worked amazingly on the first try and I couldn't be happier with it. It's very easy to use and I'm excited to test it out some more this spring. Definitely set it up and give it a try.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have it setup. There were couple of issues with it. When it rains it doesn't recognize the sticker. I had to get out there are remove large droplets of water from it. That helped. But when it came to backing up I still was getting confused, which way the trailer was suppose to be turning. So I just decided to use the steering wheel by itself. The problem with my driveway is that it has 2 sharp bends and is kind of narrow at only around 8 feet with trees on one side. This forced me to enter on to the grass area, which at this time of the year was covered with snow and ice. Like you I didn't have the opportunity to practice at all, but after some struggles it finally was a success.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (QUOTE=MarkRizRV;216741]It worked well with my imagine 2018 2150RB and 2016 F150, yes the space is tight but you can trim the pattern to get it to fit. To get the camera to find the pattern make sure you are in a straight line when first turn on. Sometimes it had an issue backing into the sun when the sun was lower in the sky. I saw where some people had mounted a L bracket attached to the frame to display the pattern.
    Mark[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Maryes; 08-07-2020 at 03:24 PM. Reason: mistake

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast