Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Stabilizers Uneven

The rear stabilizers on my Reflection 337 seem to be uneven. The door side stabilizer is 1/2 to 1" higher than the curb side when set at the same hole on the extenders when on level ground. When I extend them, the curb side always hits first, so I'm lifting quite a bit before the door side hits the ground. Is there a way to recalibrate them?
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

Whether it's the front landing gear or the rear stabilizers on the 337, both sides have to touch down at the same regardless whether the ground is level or not otherwise you're needlessly twisting the camper's frame. You can the position of the lower legs to make that happen or if the difference is less than a hole, use a piece of lumber (I carry a couple of 1/2" thick pieces) to make up the difference.

I guess it's possible that the rears stabilizers are not the identical distance down from the frame, but unless the difference is great and you have insufficient ground clearance on the lowest side, I won't worry too much about it.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave. As I was sitting w/my morning coffee under the awning this morning, I was thinking of the ways to get around the problem. I have several thicknesses of left-over lumber or flooring I can use.
    I was just wondering though if there was a permanent solution. I have set the rig up 3 times, on paved surfaces, that are level. The front landing gear have no issues; it's just the rear. I suppose one side of the RV could be heavier than the other, making it sit lower on the suspension. But according to the weights provided by the factory, it is the same side as the problem that is a couple hundred pounds heavier, so that would mean it should reach the ground first. Some day soon I will crawl up under the frame and measure the rear stabilizers at the point they are attached to the frame. I assume they are welded to the frame, so there is probably no way to adjust the point of attachment.

Have had a few other issues I am trying to get to the bottom of instead of just finding work-arounds.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rear stab set up is very much like the front landing gear...a driven leg, drop-down leg with a single motor with a cross-shaft. If the driven leg is not in the same position both sides, the cross-shaft could be disconnected, the leg made even, then re-connected. As that mechanism is covered up in the underbelly, it wouldn't be a easy job. If the driven leg is within a 1/2" as measured from the frame, I certainly wouldn't bother with any adjustment. With this set-up you will always need to adjust the drop-down leg or use lumber for the legs to touch down at the same time. The only way that is avoided is with an automatic levelling system where all legs are independent of each other with their own drive. I believe the LCI does make a 4 leg, electric levelling system that could be retrofitted to your camper but it's not cheap.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD