User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this page on the Progressive Web sites.
    The info helps pick the converter for your rig by matching the old converter.

sample from site.
    Present RV has a WFCO Floor Mount Series Converter/Charger
    WFCO has several floor models and PDI can supply lithium replacement units for the models shown below.
    PRESENT WFCO LEAD/ACID MODEL # LITHIUM REPLACEMENT MODEL #
    WF9835 PD9130V (30-AMPS)
    WF9845 PD9145ALV (45-AMPS)
    WF9855 PD9160ALV (60-AMPS)
    WF9865 PD9170ALV (70-AMPS)
    WF9875 PD9180ALV (80-AMPS)

Looks like I will need the PD9160AVL .
    I can't deside if I want 2 or 4 Lionenergy batteries. Think 4. 2 connected and 2 not connect, but in the battery compartment of the Solitude. I have 2 group 31 AGM's now. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up with the replacement converter for the wfco 8955.... and it's ok.... I sometime have to push the charge wizard button to get it to charge, but not always.. I installed a Bogart battery monitor, even with hookups the batteries drain at .7 amps per hour. So after about a week batteries need charging... not a big deal but annoying.... Norm
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    I ended up with the replacement converter for the wfco 8955.... and it's ok.... I sometime have to push the charge wizard button to get it to charge, but not always.. I installed a Bogart battery monitor, even with hookups the batteries drain at .7 amps per hour. So after about a week batteries need charging... not a big deal but annoying.... Norm
    Time to install a solar panel or two. It would fix that problem.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Time to install a solar panel or two. It would fix that problem.

That is exactly my plan! Just started reading up on solar panels & chargers... My thinking at the moment is that 2 100 watt panels would allow me to run the Max Air fan during the day and still keep the Batts. charged.....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    That is exactly my plan! Just started reading up on solar panels & chargers... My thinking at the moment is that 2 100 watt panels would allow me to run the Max Air fan during the day and still keep the Batts. charged.....
    You won't be able to keep 200 AH worth of batteries charged with 200 watts of solar. In fact you won't be able to keep one 100 AH battery charged with that. Unless of course you aren't using much of the battery capacity which would beg the question why so much battery capacity. It's relatively cheap and easy to buy a bunch of batteries but more costly and time consuming to keep them charged. 200 watts of solar will run your Max fan all day long though.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    You won't be able to keep 200 AH worth of batteries charged with 200 watts of solar. In fact you won't be able to keep one 100 AH battery charged with that. Unless of course you aren't using much of the battery capacity which would beg the question why so much battery capacity. It's relatively cheap and easy to buy a bunch of batteries but more costly and time consuming to keep them charged. 200 watts of solar will run your Max fan all day long though.
    I guess, I should explain my power usage and how we camp... We dry camp 14 days on federal lands, then stay few days in town with hookups.. restock and head back to the Forrest campgrounds.. during the summer months we need either altitude or electricity to keep the dog cool... I'm using about 10-12% of the battery on most days and run the generator 1-1 1/2 hrs per day... The weather out west this year has been crazy cold, so we haven't used the Max Air fan often.... I expect to still use the generator for morning coffee and the micro wave at night... Their were a couple of times I ran the generator longer to charge my laptop than to charge the Battleborns... thanks for your input Norm

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then why so much batteries capacity if your only using 25 ah a day?? That's about our daily usage with $280 worth of golf cart batteries. Does take about 2 hours to charge them from that point to near full with the generator but will charge by noon on a sunny day with 300 watts of solar.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lithium charger Question

Wow I wish we could get by on 25ah a day!

We use between 150ah to 200ah every night, and probably about 300ah during the day, which the 1155 watts of solar replenishes easily and we’re back to 100% SoC by Noon but it doesn’t drop below 95% till sunset.

This is with almost no generator use (a week per year) and boondocking 5 months straight in the Winter down South.

People often comment that $10k of solar and lithium is expensive, but we ordered a brand new fifth wheel and got all the options available with the double-paned windows and theatre seats, so $30k for our trailer.

We bought a used Superduty for $30k.
    So all in, we’re at $70k for our king of boondocking diesel-powered rig.

I know folks on this forum that spent that much (or more) just on their truck, and 2 or 3 times that for a Solitude or Momentum, with no ability to boondock more than a day, a weekend at best, unless they run a generator.

It’s all about priorities, and ours were having a near endless supply of electricity, without running a generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 07-20-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get by on 25 ah. Just buy some books. They're really low current draw.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Then why so much batteries capacity if your only using 25 ah a day?? That's about our daily usage with $280 worth of golf cart batteries. Does take about 2 hours to charge them from that point to near full with the generator but will charge by noon on a sunny day with 300 watts of solar.
    Because anything worth doing is worth over doing!...... I also top my boat off with fuel when fishing in the Gulf and never use half of it!
    Last edited by Big Blue; 07-20-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast