Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool 2014 Owners Rally Pot Luck Supper

Hi Folks,

Dave (Dave and Monica) has asked me to help him out with the Owner's Rally Pot Luck Supper.

At this time, there are 96 individuals registered for the Rally and that does not include any of the Grand Design folks that will be attending. Since you folks will be coming from all over the US and Canada, we thought it would be best if we assigned dishes to couples by the first letter of their last name. This will ensure each couple would be prepared and know what type dish they are responsible for before they get there. We decided to do it this way so we know we will not have 47 pots of baked beans and 1 chocolate cake I know there are three or four couples attending that have different last names, so you folks can decide which last name you use to decide what type dish you will prepare. When preparing your dish keep in mind the total number of folks attending and prepare enough for at least 8 folks.

Here is the break down, last names beginning with:

A-F Sides/Vegetable Dishes

G-J Main Dishes (Meats, Casseroles, Stews)

K-R Bread/Salad (Macaroni, Bean, Green, Cole Slaw)

S-Z Dessert

The Pot Luck Supper is scheduled for 6pm on Tuesday, September 9th, in the meeting hall at the campground. Plates, plastic ware (spoons, knives, and forks), napkins, and cups will be provided. We will also provide coffee for all our coffee drinkers. Because of all the diverse tastes, everyone is asked to bring your own favorite drink.

If you have any questions or concerns let me know. We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the Rally.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all the great cooks, you guys made the Pot Luck Supper an outstanding success. Kathie J, I had no idea that a Lady from NY could cook an edible Jambalaya, you did good, I guarantee