User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake Lights

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Rob - nice write up and excellent pictures.

Question - did you consider just replacing the bulbs in the existing lights with LED ones, or is there and issue with this approach. I have noticed how dim the stock ones are.

Than ks Keith
    Hi Keith,

I actually tried replacing the original bulbs with LED bulbs. I thought I posted this already, but can’t find that thread. The results were disappointing. Side-by-side, the original incandescent bulb worked better with the reflector then the LED bulb. In hindsight, I now wonder how much of this was because GDRV reversed the wires. The brake LEDs would have been powered by the tail circuit and vice versa. In any case . . . the array of brake LEDs in the Bargman lights is many times larger than an LED bulb that would fit in the original light.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also used the Bargman LED lights, great light output.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Keith,

I actually tried replacing the original bulbs with LED bulbs. I thought I posted this already, but can’t find that thread. The results were disappointing. Side-by-side, the original incandescent bulb worked better with the reflector then the LED bulb. In hindsight, I now wonder how much of this was because GDRV reversed the wires. The brake LEDs would have been powered by the tail circuit and vice versa. In any case . . . the array of brake LEDs in the Bargman lights is many times larger than an LED bulb that would fit in the original light.

Rob
    Thanks Rob
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I recently replaced my OEM Reflection brake lights with LED upgrades.

I went with the twin Bargman 84 Series LED brake lights that several others on this forum have used. Excellent quality products and easy to install . . . except for connecting the OE wiring . . . but, I will get to that. The two LED modules can be easily removed from the frame . . . allowing you to mount the light frame to the back wall and route the wires without wrestling with final electrical connections until after.

Rob
    thanks Rob, I'm gonna archive this for our next RV. I added extra tail lights to our Imagine but I went the cheap route, wish I hadn't.
    This is what I like about the new Jaycos, their LED exterior lighting, and rear high and low tail & turn signals but not enough to actually buy one. Hope GDRV goes with LED exterior lighting by the time we buy a new RV.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello gents, I just purchased a 19 311 BHS and noticed that all the lights don’t seemed to be sealed good. Any specific silicon you recommend. Going to reseal all the light fixtures screws. Thanks

Mike.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBoza76 View Post
    Hello gents, I just purchased a 19 311 BHS and noticed that all the lights don’t seemed to be sealed good. Any specific silicon you recommend. Going to reseal all the light fixtures screws. Thanks

Mike.
    https://www.amazon.com/Geocel-28100V.../dp/B001FC98X2

Far superior to silicone RTV IMHO.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Rob. Now go out an buy one more light. This will give you two spare "bulbs" to carry with you. So when one of your lights quits working in oh say Tennessee you'll have a spare cuz they are pretty tough to find in an auto parts store. Don't remember how I know that.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't need load resistors for turn signals?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    You didn't need load resistors for turn signals?
    No load resisters were needed for me with the Bargman Lights.
    LED replacement Bulbs in the OEM lights caused Tuscon Jim some problems, so he switched back to incandescent bulbs.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    No load resisters were needed for me with the Bargman Lights.
    LED replacement Bulbs in the OEM lights caused Tuscon Jim some problems, so he switched back to incandescent bulbs.
    Changing the OEM light bulbs to LED also caused problem so I also changed back for now.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast