Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmagnus View Post
    Thanks Rob. Exactly what I needed. Checked it out and it's exactly as you described it. Now I just have to go get the cables and run them. I think I will put two in just in case I decide to add a blu-ray
    Highly advisable (multiple cables). I think so little of the Furrion unit that I bypassed it altogether. I installed a Polk Audio sound bar with wireless subwoofer (behind the fireplace) and put a compact DVD/Blue-Ray player under the satellite receiver in the cabinet to the left of the Furrion space. With all the audio running to the TV first and then the sound bar, TV audio - not just DVD - is high quality, too. The sound bar is BlueTooth capable and we have all our music in FLAC files (a non-lossy file format that's higher quality than MP3s) on a tablet that connects via BlueTooth to the sound bar. It's not quite the transmission line speakers and class D amps we had in the stix 'n brix, but it's a darn sight better than the Furrion and ceiling speakers!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a 2016 Reflection 337RLS and read all the posts related to hooking up the satellite and the lack of an installed HDMI cable.
    Got to looking at the upper left cabinet where my Dish receiver will go and the process for fishing the cable through. The cabinet bottom is on a shelf type structure that sticks out to create the recessed area for the TV. I simply took my step drill and bored a hole from the front right corner of the cabinet through to come out behind and just above the TV. The cable is not very visible and works like a charm. I can also run another cable if needed for a Blue Ray or other component, very easy.

2002 F350 SD 7.3 TD (the beast)
    2016 GD Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12