Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrh1282 View Post
    Yeah I just pick up my blue ox kit and it’s saying 2 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Odd. From the blueOx website "
    4. Level the trailer and then measure the coupler height. Install the hitch head onto the receiver
    shank, using the 3/4”-10 bolts, 3/4” lock washers and 3/4”-10 hex nuts. Measure the hitch head
    ball height. The ball height needs to be the same or 1” higher than the trailer coupler height,
    adjust as necessary. Torque the 3/4”-10 bolts to 257 ft/lbs.
    Note: Ram Truck owners please reference the Trailer Towing section of your vehicle owner’s
    manual for proper hitch set-up instructions. Also, it is recommended for optimal towing
    performance to set the ball height 2” higher than the top the trailer coupler."

I'm guessing you either have a Dodge ram or bkueOx needs to standardize their instructions.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Odd. From the blueOx website "
    4. Level the trailer and then measure the coupler height. Install the hitch head onto the receiver
    shank, using the 3/4”-10 bolts, 3/4” lock washers and 3/4”-10 hex nuts. Measure the hitch head
    ball height. The ball height needs to be the same or 1” higher than the trailer coupler height,
    adjust as necessary. Torque the 3/4”-10 bolts to 257 ft/lbs.
    Note: Ram Truck owners please reference the Trailer Towing section of your vehicle owner’s
    manual for proper hitch set-up instructions. Also, it is recommended for optimal towing
    performance to set the ball height 2” higher than the top the trailer coupler."

I'm guessing you either have a Dodge ram or bkueOx needs to standardize their instructions.
    Haha oops. I read the Dodge Ram part. I have a f250. Thanks for calling me out on that. Ok so I’ll set mine as close to the 24 as I can. Thanks for your help. I need to go to bed lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha oops. I read the Dodge Ram part. I have a f250. Thanks for calling me out on that. Ok so I’ll set mine as close to the 24 as I can. Thanks for your help. I need to go to bed lol.

Just trying to help a fellow camper! You can't count high enough to reach the amount of tips I've gotten on here haha, that's why this place is so great. Happy camping!
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can purchase the adapter sleeve. My Super Duty came with the sleeve.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    You can purchase the adapter sleeve. My Super Duty came with the sleeve.
    A sleeve for what?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sleeve for what?

the sleeve takes your 2.5" reciever down so it will accept a 2.0" hitch assembly.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    the sleeve takes your 2.5" reciever down so it will accept a 2.0" hitch assembly.
    Thank you for your help but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. But I do appreciate the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to pick up my 2020 Imagine 2400BH in 2 weeks. The dealer said my coupler height is 21". Does that sound right? How'd you make out with yours at 24" set at 26"?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macreo View Post
    Looking to pick up my 2020 Imagine 2400BH in 2 weeks. The dealer said my coupler height is 21". Does that sound right? How'd you make out with yours at 24" set at 26"?

Thanks.
    I just re-adjusted my ball height after getting larger tires on my truck this morning. If I level my 2400BH, the top of the coupler sits at 24 1/2 inches, so I set my ball height to 25. Hope this helps.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your help but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. But I do appreciate the help.
    Actually, that's exactly what the OP was talking about. Getting the sleeve for his 2.5 inch received would negate his need for a new shank.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast