User Tag List

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about leveling the new Momentum 394....

So please be gentle, the new 394M will be our first ever 5ver, and the first ever camping trailer with the auto-level system. So I've got a question about the levelling of the new Toy Hauler. Let's say I land it in a spot that is not level and deploy the auto-level system and the system cannot get it level because it's off by too much....and I get the error on the auto-level. How do you handle that type of situation. On my present Toy Hauler, a tow behind tandem axle, I use the Anderson leveling "wedges" and place one under each wheel on the low side then back up till level, then chock the tires. Since the new trailer is a triple axle instead of a tandem, can I still do this (adding a third Anderson leveling wedge under the low side, so three total), and get it mostly level before I deploy the auto-level system. I'm not sure how all this works, so please, some advice from all you guys that have used the auto level (Lippert) and tried to level in a place that is uneven enough to give you the levelling error. Thanks.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use a third leveling block under the tires but I just put some extra blocks under the low side legs to compensate for the uneven ground (happens a lot in the desert.) Then Auto level does its thing. Sometimes the low side tires come off the ground but I don't worry about it too much. If you don't like the tires hanging then do both and you should be fine.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had that issue with our 376th.....I went into manual mode and had a level on the sink and played with it until level.

Have recently had issue with the circuit breaker in the front tripping when the auto level tilts.

Cool when it works as advertised, but not perfect yet.

Cal
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More often than not the front jacks will be extended out all the way and cause the error. You would have to hook the truck back up and add blocking under the feet. At the spot we usually park at, I have to keep a 2x8 under my wheels on the street side before leveling or the wheels will be off the ground, but I dont get any error codes on that scenario even without the wood. I've only gotten the error on sites with a significant fore and aft pitch. The jack blocks pictured below are another option to put under your pads, I havent used them, but have considered them. They are a bit pricey.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^

I have those and they are great.......but sometimes the starting position is such that one may not fit under the jack.....but they certainly reduce the leg extension so the jacks aren’t as wobbley
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other guys have covered the basics so I am going to add a safety tip. Be sure to block the wheels, then put the truck into neutral to allow the trailer to "settle" on the blocks. This will ensure that there is no movement of the trailer when you add blocks under the lowest jacks. Having a trailer slide off of blocks is bad juju.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the advice from the voices of experience. This 5ver thing is a whole new experience for me after 48 years of towing various trailers, from a small 3 rail motorcycle trailer all the way up to my current 34 1/2' tow behind Toy Hauler.....so there's some new things to learn for sure....thanks again fellas.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull your truck forward before your auto level.

The hitch drops a decent amount when you hit auto level and it can hit the bed if the truck is in the way.

Others covered the rest but I'll add don't be afraid to use the manual level. Auto level is fine but sometimes it leaves us a degree or so off kitchen side and I'll bump it up some. I've reset the zero point, it's just site variation causing it only sometimes
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN