User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace Fan Motor Failed, Lessons Learned

Well I see a few people here post they have 374th models or toy haulers recently during a -5 degree elk hunting trip I discovered my 374TH did not have enough furnace and I decided to install a Webasto 5kw heater what a difference, first sub freezing trip planned this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5635.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	31170
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5633.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	31171
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5628.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	31172
    Last edited by roverdoc; 12-16-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roverdoc View Post
    Well I see a few people here post they have 374th models or toy haulers recently during a -5 degree elk hunting trip I discovered my 374TH did not have enough furnace and I decided to install a Webasto 5kw heater what a difference
    I am a scaredy cat when it comes to fuel heaters inside, how is the exhaust vented? We get by in sub-zero weather, but just.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I am a scaredy cat when it comes to fuel heaters inside, how is the exhaust vented? We get by in sub-zero weather, but just.
    These units have been used in commercial application for a long time. I wouldn’t install a cheap Amazon unit in there but these heaters exhaust and bring in fresh makeup air for combustion through a hole in the floor. I made a sheet metal box to protect the exposed wood where my hole was cut. Even the fuel pump and pressure side is fed from the bottom. On max heat the unit burns .21 gallons an hour the 17gal fuel cell I installed should be more then enough. It is also only 7” wide so it still allows my 4 wheeler to be loaded next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roverdoc View Post
    Well I see a few people here post they have 374th models or toy haulers recently during a -5 degree elk hunting trip I discovered my 374TH did not have enough furnace and I decided to install a Webasto 5kw heater what a difference, first sub freezing trip planned this weekend.

]
    Question: Isn't this a more efficient and cleaner version of what we used to call (back in the old days) an "oil burning furnace"?
    Also, I can see how this would be great for a diesel motored RV, because the diesel fuel is already there.... but on a trailer, where did you put the fuel tank? Do you still carry propane too?

I have to admit that heating our little 18RBE Grand Design trailer with the propane furnace hasn't been a problem down to -5F. I am kind of not thrilled that we have a Suburban brand furnace. Sounds like it is neither reliable nor easy to get fixed. Talk about a bad combination.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This tread should have been called A Furnace From Hell.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two of the cheap chinese diesel fired furnaces. When they work, they work great! Exhaust goes to the outside and doesn't seem to be an issue. Long term, I really don't know, but for the price difference, I could buy a lot of the cheap units for the cost of one Webasto. While elk hunting in November my chinese diesel heater in my 01 Alumascape quit working after working fine for several days. I don't know if the issue was that I had it running on a low setting or not, but I learned some things about them. At first I thought the glow plug had failed and while trying to remove it I accidently broke it. I ordered a new glow plug that took almost three weeks to get. I also order the tool needed to replace it. I don't think the glow plug was actually bad, but after watching some you tube videos, I got the heater working again. The diesel heater puts out a very good amount of heat and since I have a bulk fuel tank in my truck it makes it easy to add fuel. I don't stay at campgrounds much, so electric heat isn't my favorite back up. I think I will purchase some spare parts for my furnace though.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345