User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

27RL Exceeding Expectations!! It's Fabulous!!

We picked up our Reflection 27RL from General RV in Wayland MI in mid August, and have taken it out for a couple of trial weekends before launching out on longer adventures. If you have kids or grandkids, I would highly recommend looking at Duck Creek RV Resort across the street from Michigan Adventure Amusement Park just north of Muskegon MI. We stayed there last weekend and they have a great playground, pool, hot tub and full hookups, not to mention a very nice amusement park across the street, and Lincoln Golf Course next door. This weekend we're staying at the Sunnybrook RV Resort in South Haven and I would highly recommend this resort as well if you're ever in West Michigan. South Haven is a nice little tourist town to visit, and there are many other nice towns to visit up the west coast of Michigan with beautiful sandy beaches.

So back to the 27RL. I have to preface these comments with the fact that we were tent campers since we first met and did so until our kids got too old to go camping with us. We looked at a lot of other smaller options for trailers and tow vehicles before we landed on the 27RL and a Chevy 3/4 ton diesel, what a great combination. We knew we were only going to have one shot at traveling with a trailer in retirement, so we wanted to make sure we were happy with our choices. I'm probably talking to a bunch of people who already have a 5th wheel, but I'll tell you anyhow, the trailer tows like it's not even there. It's amazing. Then the floor plan for a "smaller" 5th wheel is remarkable. The furniture is more comfortable than any other furniture we sat in in other brands, and to have the option to sit in chairs at the table, or stretch out on the sofa, or recline in the theater seats in front of the TV is really nice. My hat's off to the leaders of Grand Design, as I think they are exceeding their original goals to produce 5th wheels that get rid of all the things that people didn't like about previous 5th wheels they've owned. The stove works great, the 8 CF frig is awesome (doesn't run out of ice) with lots of room for food, and the bathroom, toilet and shower are very full function, which I wasn't expecting at all. I feel like I'm right at home, only it's on wheels. I am enjoying this much more than I was expecting and the quality is better than I was expecting as well.

I still agree with another thread of posts, I think started by Chris, that talked about how the RV industry really needs to provide better quality and better quality products than they have in the past. I think they do need to improve the quality of construction and of the components they select, but I also think Grand Design has charted that course and is headed in the right direction.

Maybe it's too soon to tell, but the issues we've had with our 5th wheel so far are almost insignificant, nothing major at all. We are so happy with this trailer so far, and are excited to be heading off on more travels soon. It's funny, I was surprised when we saw another 27RL at Sunnybrook RV Resort this weekend and chatted with the owners for a while. They were happy with their's as well.

Happy to be part of the Grand Design family,

Paul & Kris
    Paul & Kris - West Michigan
    2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax ("TheBeast")
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    Pullrite Superglide

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Paul, why don't you tell us how you really feel

Steve

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, I can almost hear you squealing with joy right through your post I'm so happy to hear how pleased you are with your choice.
    Guess that little nudge toward G D from me and Geodude from the other board was worth the time it took to type out.

I'll pass on the South Haven campground. Our niece lives there, fairly close to the Lake and has some acreage with elec run back a bit away from the house. Even 50 amp!
    Used to be a barn back there years ago. Perfect for trailers.
    It's become a really cute town with lots of art and fun shops.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice write up Paul. I'm so glad you're enjoying your new Reflection
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250