User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

New Solitudes - No more "good" sound system?

From what I saw on the 372wb , the TV pops up, but there is no sound bar, and there seem to only be two speakers for the "stereo" system. My 369 has 6 or 7 speakers in the living room/kitchen and some in the bedroom as well as the outdoor speakers. Do the new Soli's not have a sound bar or other speaker than the two hanging down?
    Thanks
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably need to have the Fosgate option
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Sound bars were only in about 1 year.

Rockford Fosgate only available in the Momentums.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So it just uses the TV speakers, and you're on your own. Got it. Thanks guys.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2019 Grand Design 385GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    So it just uses the TV speakers, and you're on your own. Got it. Thanks guys.
    Chris
    Chris-
    My 2019 Solitude 373FB just has the two speakers that you mention. They are behind and above the TV and point down (not ideal for a TV). After looking at the "stereo" and direction the speakers were pointing, I just assumed it would sound lousy and didn't even bother trying them. I instead bought a sound bar that included a little "subwoofer". It doesn't sound anywhere close to the $10,000 worth of stereo equipment at home but it's good enough for an RV. I also replaced both TV's. Again, they aren't as good as what's at home because you can't buy high end TV's in sizes under 55", but they are better than what comes from the factory.

The only thing that bothers me about the factory TV setup in my 373FB (which will be the same in the 372WB) is they don't allow room for a soundbar on the cabinet in front of the TV. You can set it on the cabinet surface where the TV pops out of but it blocks the lower portion of the TV. I ended up having to modify the bracket the TV is attached to so the TV would go all the way up as far as it would go. That left juuuuust enough room below the bottom of the TV so the soundbar isn't in the way.

It would take very little effort for Grand Design to modify the design of the "fireplace mantle" so you could set a soundbar on it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian. That is really helpful.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2019 Grand Design 385GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pictures show the area around the TV a little better.

First, this shows how the soundbar sits just below the bottom of the TV after I raised the TV to the max:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	17226

This is the area that Grand Design could extend out a couple more inches so we could place soundbars on it:

Name:	IMG_0945.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	17227

...and this just shows a "hidden" storage area that some folks aren't aware of:

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	17228
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    These pictures show the area around the TV a little better.

First, this shows how the soundbar sits just below the bottom of the TV after I raised the TV to the max:

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	17226

This is the area that Grand Design could extend out a couple more inches so we could place soundbars on it:

Name:	IMG_0945.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	17227

...and this just shows a "hidden" storage area that some folks aren't aware of:

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	17228
    no hidden compartment on the 375RES
    Extra Class Ham Operator WB0YD
    2018 Imagine 2670MK previous rig
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 Long bed dually Cummins automatic
    AISIN A69 trans 3.73 gears, B+W Companion slider

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find a soundbar that fits in the compartment and drill a small hole for the cables. When watching TV, lower the front door and Bob's yer uncle. A nicer finish would be to remove the door altogether and make a false speaker front for that area. That is something any good car audio shop can do in a heartbeat.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Chris-
    My 2019 Solitude 373FB just has the two speakers that you mention. They are behind and above the TV and point down (not ideal for a TV). After looking at the "stereo" and direction the speakers were pointing, I just assumed it would sound lousy and didn't even bother trying them. I instead bought a sound bar that included a little "subwoofer". It doesn't sound anywhere close to the $10,000 worth of stereo equipment at home but it's good enough for an RV. I also replaced both TV's. Again, they aren't as good as what's at home because you can't buy high end TV's in sizes under 55", but they are better than what comes from the factory.

The only thing that bothers me about the factory TV setup in my 373FB (which will be the same in the 372WB) is they don't allow room for a soundbar on the cabinet in front of the TV. You can set it on the cabinet surface where the TV pops out of but it blocks the lower portion of the TV. I ended up having to modify the bracket the TV is attached to so the TV would go all the way up as far as it would go. That left juuuuust enough room below the bottom of the TV so the soundbar isn't in the way.

It would take very little effort for Grand Design to modify the design of the "fireplace mantle" so you could set a soundbar on it.
    Have you tried opening the door just above the fireplace? I have a Bose sound bar and wireless sub and the sound bar fits perfectly in the cabinet just above the fireplace and the remote works thru the wood with the door closed. The door is kind of hard to open.
    Richard and Cheryl
    2019 Solitude 372FB-R
    2016 F350 Dually FX4
    2015 Can Am SXS SDX 1000
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast