User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Properly Mounting TV in bunk room of 323BHS.

Has anyone mounted a television in the 323BHS? There doesn't seem to be studs as there in the bus Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. Our salesman said the entire area is able to hold the weight of a TV, but I do not know for sure. We brought ours home on Saturday and have a tv to put in there, but have not got to that yet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you trying to install the TV by the electrical and cable/antenna outlets provided? If so, there should be a steel backing plate there to attach the TV mount to. If it's not identified with any label, you can verify the location of the backing plate with a strong magnet.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, in the bunk area by the cable/antenna outlets. Yeap, I thought of using a magnet. Yet, since there was a clear indication of a TV bracket in the front bedroom, I assumed that if the bracket was installed in the bunkhouse it would be so indicated as well. Might call Grand Designs tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after using a heavy magnet to locate the existence of a metal mounting plate on the back wall of the 323bhs, the only area where the magnet was able to connect (and very strongly) to the wall was the very left side of the area where the TV is to be placed (opposite side where the cable and AC outlets are located. So, I just decided to cut part of the TV base (which is rounded) so that it would fit the rectangular, narrow area where the can sit. Mounted with screws and drilling a small opening below the TV base to access the TV release, just in case I need to move it.

There seems to be some discrepancy regarding whether a TV mounting plate exists in the bunkhouse of the 323bhs, as I've received differing answers from the dealer and manufacturer. These is no doubt about the plate in the front bedroom, as it's clearly labeled on the wall. And my magnet was able to clearly locate the outline of the metal plate. Still wondering?????

pwrplay
    We just picked up our 323BHS yesterday and I am wondering the same thing. For now I have the TV sitting on the ledge without the stand and it does sit nice. I'll just take it off the shelf and lie it on lower bunk during travel. I may leave it like that so I can easily take it outside and watch it.