User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you watch a few GD videos, all that I have seen, the fresh water is either over the trailer wheels or just forward of the wheels. That makes running fresh water full = pretty stable (good analogy you Navy guys!) Most of our travels are Out West and commonly stop at some gravel pit to sleep the night between spots. Great to have showers, etc and not worry about the water. Out West, it can be tricky to find water.

I come from an old ranching family, we measured water in "miners inches". I don't take it for granted.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually have some water in our tanks but it all comes out the overflow when I turn left. Started with a full tank when we left home, got to campground 400 miles away and nearly empty. Happens every time we travel, so now we keep a five gallon jug full in the bed of the truck in case of emergency. Our 320MKS lost water too, some people have put a ball valve on their overflow so they don't lose their water while travelling (not me, my luck that would be the one thing I forget about and either collapse or blow up my fresh water tank). Many towable's lose water out the overflow since the tanks are so shallow. Next time you are behind an rv on a winding road, watch their overflow hose and you will see the water come out on corners.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    We usually have some water in our tanks but it all comes out the overflow when I turn left. Started with a full tank when we left home, got to campground 400 miles away and nearly empty. Happens every time we travel, so now we keep a five gallon jug full in the bed of the truck in case of emergency. Our 320MKS lost water too, some people have put a ball valve on their overflow so they don't lose their water while travelling (not me, my luck that would be the one thing I forget about and either collapse or blow up my fresh water tank). Many towable's lose water out the overflow since the tanks are so shallow. Next time you are behind an rv on a winding road, watch their overflow hose and you will see the water come out on corners.
    A solution to your problem is here - with the Air/vac no worry on collapsing the tank when using the pump.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ght=Water+loss

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    A solution to your problem is here - with the Air/vac no worry on collapsing the tank when using the pump.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ght=Water+loss

Hope this helps
    Awesome, a new project for when we get home from this trip! Thanks, always learning something new!
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Awesome, a new project for when we get home from this trip! Thanks, always learning something new!
    Just a note - you can replace the air/vac with just a screen fitting to keep bugs out. The air/vac I chose has the bug screen feature, but even wrapping screen material around the end will work, but it must be above the top of the tank as far as possible. My set up is probably 18" above the tank.

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rarely travel with water. We do If we are to go boondocking, but we haven't do that in years. We typically bring bottled water of everything that will be going in our mouths, so site water is fine. I also bring several 1.5 gallon Coleman coolers of water for making coffee. I did make the mistake once of going to Samson State park up by Seneca Lake in NY, and DID NOT check about water hook ups. Go all settled in and realized the issue. I had just enough hose to reach a fountain to fill my tank, and I do mean just enough! Learned a lesson there after hearing about "not reading everything" from DW, and the relatives having a good time with it for the next several years. Hint - there was a water fill up station with a huge sign at the check in station that I wondered about....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345