User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Update: After receiving inadequate support from customer service, GDRV (Emily) has reached out to Firefiter to work on getting resolution to this. The initial response has been sub-par, but Firefiter and GDRV have not given up and are working at setting things right.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stories like this make me re-consider a Bigfoot or an ORV. Trouble is they don't have a floorplan to suit us in a trailer that will fit in the garage, GD does.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    Stories like this make me re-consider a Bigfoot or an ORV. Trouble is they don't have a floorplan to suit us in a trailer that will fit in the garage, GD does.
    Funny, I now own a Grand Design because of all the issues I had with my ORV.
    Last edited by Justa5th; 03-12-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wording
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    Funny, I now own a Grand Design because of all the issues I had with my ORV.
    hmmm...I was pretty impressed with ORV. Maybe it's all a crap shoot though. Been reading some horror stories on the Airstream site lately. If I thought we could manage with no slide and no recliners in a 25 footer I would buy a Bigfoot, I think they are top shelf (along with Casita which is too small).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    hmmm...I was pretty impressed with ORV. Maybe it's all a crap shoot though. Been reading some horror stories on the Airstream site lately. If I thought we could manage with no slide and no recliners in a 25 footer I would buy a Bigfoot, I think they are top shelf (along with Casita which is too small).
    I believe that's EXACTLY what it is. The RV industry seems to have adopted the "We Suck Less" mentality.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    I believe that's EXACTLY what it is. The RV industry seems to have adopted the "We Suck Less" mentality.
    They learned that philosophy from politicians who perfected it.

Now I go back to flipping between CNN and FOX news.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    The bar is low.......
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until buyers stop buying models or brands like they did with small cars vs SUVs then the RV MFG's will keep on keeping on. "If it sells we'll build it"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Until buyers stop buying models or brands like they did with small cars vs SUVs then the RV MFG's will keep on keeping on. "If it sells we'll build it"
    Agree.......
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    The one thing that has helped build quality is the fiberglass front caps. Helped a lot with water intrusion. I don't know why GD has not adopted using the same on the rear. That rear corner is a weak spot. And why use OSB when you could use pressure treated plywood? Not enough profit in a unit? I call BS. And aluminum roof structure. Why not, my Alfa used all of these things. Sure they went out of business, not on quality but poor management...
    Last edited by phonemannn; 03-13-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast