Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CoChris.

One more question, unrelated. How do I add the map and update it that is at the bottom of people's post?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSimon View Post
    Thanks CoChris.

One more question, unrelated. How do I add the map and update it that is at the bottom of people's post?
    There are number of good, and detailed threads here on the forum. Use the search function (upper right corner of each page) and search on "map". The instructions I followed a couple of days ago were at
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...tes+visited#83

Have fun and enjoy

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-19-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSimon View Post
    I didn't see an attached video?
    Ooops, sorry, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4xfcXeccU

You're the first person to complain since March! Good luck with your winterization.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Ooops, sorry, here's the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4xfcXeccU
    Ok - just watched your video and you did a very nice job (especially the first step - move to Florida for the winter ).

For the past 30 years (trailers and 5th wheels) I’ve only blown mine out plus antifreeze in the traps. I can see there might be a tiny amount of water in the lines but it’s pretty small. What do you see as the benefit of blowing out the water and doing antifreeze? (We do sanitize our water system every spring).
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 09-20-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
    Does anyone blowout their 310 versus using antifreeze - that is how I’ve always done mine (non-Solitude) in the past.
    I blow out lines so I can try and get water out of the check valves and such.
    I don't know if it actually does but it doesn't take long or cost me anything so I do it.

Then I pump in antifreeze to all the lines (kitchen sink, ice maker, bathroom sink, shower, washer, both outside spigots, and all P traps).
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
    Ok - just watched your video and you did a very nice job (especially the first step - move to Florida for the winter ).

For the past 30 years (trailers and 5th wheels) I’ve only blown mine out plus antifreeze in the traps. I can see there might be a tiny amount of water in the lines but it’s pretty small. What do you see as the benefit of blowing out the water and doing antifreeze? (We do sanitize our water system every spring).
    OK, first of all, not my video, I just offered the link to something that I found useful the first time I winterized.

Second, it's not likely true that blowing out the lines removes all the water, it removes enough water that the air can easily get by it. However it does remove a fair bit of water even after low point drains have stopped dribbling, so it seems worthwhile.

I blow the system with air AND fill it with anti-freeze primarily because that's what a lot of experienced people recommended, but also because it makes sense to me. Getting rid of as much water as possible (via blowing) ensures that the antifreeze I then add is as un-diluted as possible, reducing the risk of a damaging freeze at some low point somewhere in the system. Blowing the system adds just minutes to the process each year, seems worth it to me.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a different couple of videos. They're done on a class A but they include the same 12 gallon stainless steel Surburban WH as we have on our Momentum - and it has an anode rod. They blow their freshwater lines out instead of using RV antifreeze and do so with a little 12v Viair compressor that also works great for inflating the 110 PSI trailer tires we use.

Winterizing: https://youtu.be/fyjFAFFe7xs
    Descaling the WH in the spring (Atwood & Surburban types): https://youtu.be/TL7AtXJYNcc
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certain can’t (and I’m not trying to) argue the prudence of both blowing out and using antifreeze.

Spokane isn’t as cold as many places but we do have 5 months where our average lows are below freezing and we always get that one week of Northern Express where the high is below -0-. Never had any damage from just blowing out my rig.

When we get the new rig, may well have to add antifreeze as well just to be safer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blow mine out with a Viair compressor then use RV antifreeze. After pouring the antifreeze from the empty water filter back in the antifreeze bottle and recovering what remains in the low point drains I end up using a little less then 1 1/2 gallons. That including winterizing my washer.

With my winter trips I will winterize at least 3 times a year.

One side note is I found an inexpensive source for RV antifreeze. I was getting 6 packs from Amazon which was the cheapest I found at 9.66 a gallon. Last month in October Lowes had a huge display at only $4.95 a gallon.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, does your 2016 F250 do okay with that rig? I like the Solitude 310 GK and have a 2015 F250 4WD crew cab with airbags and was looking at the reflection 303 but really like the Solitude?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast