User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlinda View Post
    If you want CCC then you should check out the 375res. I don't think there is a 5th wheel out there that has more capacity, any brand.
    According to GDRV website the 375res has a ccc of 2600lbs. That's the difference between GD's optimistic UVW and GVWR. There are many 5ers out there with far more ccc including several Solitudes such as a 344GK @ 4200lbs or a 2930RL @3500lbs+.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    I believe I've seen this issue on the 375 in prior postings; is this just a 375 issue or do other models have this problem? We too are considering the 375
    It's well documented that most of the units with the kitchen (and often the entertainment center) in a superslide on the street side are much heavier on that side than on the curb side. Search the forum(s) for "springs," etc., and you will find quite a few postings on this issue. Adding to the problem is the fact that, usually, the furnace, water heater, and other appliances and utilities are on that side, as well. On other models, members of this forum have upgraded the springs (with a higher-rated spring on the street side) and installed the MORryde heavy-duty shackle and wet bolt kits. In our case (our Reflection also being 700 lbs. heavier on the street side), we opted to have the MORryde independent suspension and disc brakes installed (by MORryde in Elkhart). We've been so happy with the system that our new, on-order Solitude 310 just had the MORryde IS and brakes installed last week prior to delivery to us in Georgia in a few weeks.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    According to GDRV website the 375res has a ccc of 2600lbs. That's the difference between GD's optimistic UVW and GVWR. There are many 5ers out there with far more ccc including several Solitudes such as a 344GK @ 4200lbs or a 2930RL @3500lbs+.
    You have some very good points. Going back to a previous reply I made I'm spending $9000+ for thr IS (8000) and all new tires. If that doesn't take care of any weight problems I don't know what would.LOL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlinda View Post
    It seems to me that GD screwed up on this one but 2 sets of pics are on 2019 units and look great. Have they taken care of the problem in 2019? We have a 2017 and love it except for the 3 separate occasions of leaf spring failure. The last set of springs I purchased I had them add an extra leaf. The extra leaf has a shorter distance between the top leaf and the next one down, seems to strengthen it more. BUT I worry now that they may put more strain on the axle and shackles. So, off to Grants Pass, Ore to get the MorRyde IS upgrade.

Bottom line here is that I think GD makes a great unit and has a great reputation, then why drop the ball on this? It's a shame I have to spend $9000 to make it right but from what I've read the IS is well worth the upgrade, plus the disc brakes.
    Hi Marlinda,. Did you make it to Grants Pass for the axle upgrade? I live in southern Oregon and want to do the upgrade, curious who was doing the install for you.
    Dale & Sherri
    2020 390rk
    2016 F350 6.7 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdaande View Post
    Hi Marlinda,. Did you make it to Grants Pass for the axle upgrade? I live in southern Oregon and want to do the upgrade, curious who was doing the install for you.
    Yes we did and are extremely happy with it. The company name is Henderson's Lineup and you will love these people.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, thanks. That's who I thought it might be. I spoke with them this morning, they quoted a little over $10k for the two axle, 8000lb upgrade. That's a little more than I expected.
    Dale & Sherri
    2020 390rk
    2016 F350 6.7 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's way high. There is something wrong with that. I would check with them again. Talk to Brice.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, Brice is who I spoke with. I double checked, he confirmed, $10,900. Ouch. But I appreciate your info and follow up.
    Dale & Sherri
    2020 390rk
    2016 F350 6.7 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's messed up. I would call MorRyde in Elkhart and ask them how much total installed. Then add shipping($700) and also take off sales tax. Henderson's labor is $130 an hour so they're a bit higher there. And of course you're getting disc breaks, correct? Then. If they're a lot lower I would go back to Henderson's and tell them how high they are. When I watched "Getaway Couple's" video the price in Elkhart was under $7000. Good luck. I think they will work with you, they need the biz.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Brian @ Morryde and he quoted me $7300 installed. He didn't even hesitate, threw out the number like they do it all day, every day. I'm guessing Hendersons just priced it out of the ballpark so I'd move on. Who knows. lol, Getaway Couple and KYD are where I picked up the idea. I just emailed Morryde and asked them for another dealer/installer on the west coast. Hopefully they have other options.
    Dale & Sherri
    2020 390rk
    2016 F350 6.7 4x4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast