User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I've got some of that lube so I'll hit the rollers and pivot points. Our RV isn't even three months old yet. Guess I'll need to lube the awning every month. Sheesh...
    Yup. One more thing. Ours did it from day one. And it was special order so hadn't been sitting on the lot.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed the other day that the awning had not retracted right. Will run down to the ACE hardware and lube it up. Thanks JZ
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airrace View Post
    Just noticed the other day that the awning had not retracted right. Will run down to the ACE hardware and lube it up. Thanks JZ
    Always happy to help!

JC
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally found some CRC power lube. Seems it is listed on most web sites but they don't have it in stock. The ACE hardware had lots of CRC products but no Power Lube. I could have ordered some but would have to buy 12 (case lot?). Home Depot, Walmart, O'Reilly Auto Parts same story. Found some at the local Do It Best hardware store. Noticed that the Power Lube is safe on "most" plastics and some of the other lubes were NOT safe on plastic.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same happened to me on my one month old Solitude. Had to get a ladder and pull the arm out. I’ll get the CRC for sure. Thanks for posting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    They covered this in the RV Maint. Tech school down in Tex. It's important to lube the rollers and moving parts on the awning arms. I just use what the factory rep recommended that we use, at the Grand Design Rallies that I've attended....Power Lube with PTFE by CRC It's available at Ace Hardware or on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Industria...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    What exactly is to be lubed?
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it a Dometic brand awning? If so call Dometic customer service and ask for a set of their rubber bumpers that need to be installed in the lower awning back channel. They assist in getting the arm moving and prevent the sticking you encountered. I posted about this a while back. BTW the rubber bumpers are Free
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12