User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caution - Watch closely while extending your awning!

I always look at the awnings with the front door open when extending and retracting them but with the rear awning, I can only easily see the arm nearest the front door. I was extending the rear awning yesterday and noticed the fabric wasn't rolling out correctly. I stopped it and went outside to see that the rear-most arm hadn't moved at all! Yikes! I retracted the awning back in then had my wife extend it out slowly while I watched. It seems to be working fine now but I won't be extending or retracting the awnings any more unless I can see both arms while doing it. In my Solitude, I have to look through the window in the side of the slide to do that.

I'm not sure what happened. I don't see any binding anywhere. I don't think any damage was done but it was a bit unsettling to see one arm 60% extended and the other zero.

My advice? Make sure you can see both arms of your awning while operating them!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 310 did that when we got it.i could help it get started and would extend ok. Dealer lubed pivot points when we had it in for first warranty work. No problem since then.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more reason I love our OneControl. With iPad or phone in hand I can do anything....awnings, jacks, lights, slides etc all from inside or outside.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    One more reason I love our OneControl. With iPad or phone in hand I can do anything....awnings, jacks, lights, slides etc all from inside or outside.
    I wish OneControl was available on the Solitudes...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does that from time to time. Just give it a little nudge and it will most likely open right up.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did that a couple weeks ago after a rain, and I let it sit a couple days. I chalked it up to the fabric sticking while wet/drying...
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They covered this in the RV Maint. Tech school down in Tex. It's important to lube the rollers and moving parts on the awning arms. I just use what the factory rep recommended that we use, at the Grand Design Rallies that I've attended....Power Lube with PTFE by CRC It's available at Ace Hardware or on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Industria...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had both side hang up on mine after it had not been opened for a long time. Just rolled out a little and gave a tug on both arms to free it up. It was ok after that.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    They covered this in the RV Maint. Tech school down in Tex. It's important to lube the rollers and moving parts on the awning arms. I just use what the factory rep recommended that we use, at the Grand Design Rallies that I've attended....Power Lube with PTFE by CRC It's available at Ace Hardware or on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Industria...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    I've got some of that lube so I'll hit the rollers and pivot points. Our RV isn't even three months old yet. Guess I'll need to lube the awning every month. Sheesh...
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lube mine regularly but the heat or moisture will make the fabric stick a little. Once it's loosened up it's fine.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast