User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HDMI cable connected to living room TV, 2018 303

Wondering where the other end of the HDMI cable connected to living room TV port one comes from. Came from factory like this, and dont have any other electronics in the unit (except the radio/cd player in above cabinet) to explain it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You identified it. The hdmi cable connects to the Jenson stereo.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much - i tried it but got no audio from stereo. Will play with it some more.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its audio/video in to the TV.

The radio/CD player also plays DVDs.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you have to set the Jensen up for HDMI ARC which is one of the menu selections on input. That should play the TV through the very crappy speakers.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I believe you have to set the Jensen up for HDMI ARC which is one of the menu selections on input. That should play the TV through the very crappy speakers.
    Same problem with my 2018 344GK. Tv audio does not play thru Jensen receiver. Have set Jensen to HDMI ARC mode, same on TLC TV. Confirmed HDMI cable is fully seated at both ends. Jensen does play radio audio, just not TV. What am I missing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For ARC to work, the TV needs to receive a digital audio signal from either another HDMI connected device (Apple TV, chromecast, roku, blu ray player, etc) OR a smart app on the TV itself (YouTube, Netflix, etc).
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    For ARC to work, the TV needs to receive a digital audio signal from either another HDMI connected device (Apple TV, chromecast, roku, blu ray player, etc) OR a smart app on the TV itself (YouTube, Netflix, etc).
    Yes the TV is a TCL with built-in Roku and every imaginable ARC and CEC option. Wherever possible I've set the Input and Audio settings to "Auto", which according to the TV instructions is generally the preferred method. I have an almost identical TV in my home and it works perfectly with ARC and CEC controls. I feel the problem is with the Jensen unit, but other than the "HDMI ARC" mode in the menu, has no other settings I can find that would be related.
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar setup with a Furrion DV3300 in my last trailer and had to work it a little but eventually I did get ARC working and sound from my laptop over the trailer speakers via the TV. The Jensen may require some similar "warming up"
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can think of at this point is that while most HDMI cables are ARC-compliant, not all are. Maybe GD cheaped out and bought a truckload of non-ARC cables? Can anyone else confirm this?
    -Ken
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast