User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for Rob's Swagman suggestion. We have one for our 303 RLS and it complies with the specs.
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my first bike rack from Amazon I though I was good to go, but after the first trip one of the arms that supported the 4 bikes bent as we went bumping down I5 in CA. I will admit the road was very rough and it was hanging off the back of our 39' SOB travel trailer. I can only imagine the forces at play at the back of the trailer when going over the horrible roads in CA. I estimate we had ~65 lbs of bikes on the arms when the weld was bending / breaking. I was just glad to make it home without loosing the bikes. I will try to find a photo of the rack with the issue, I know I took a couple. With that experience, I set out to find a rack that would hold up to the abuse of rough roads and forces at play at the back of the trailer. When I talked to Cody at Recon-Racks I knew I found the right product. The downside was the price and build time when I bought the unit, but the wait and cost was worth the price/wait. If you are looking for a heavy duty rack that you can hang serious weight from, look no further than the Recon-Rack.
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had both of these racks in my shop, not being used so I married them to gather for a nice bike rack. Into the receiver is a Harbor Freight carrier. On top I welded a Swagman bumper mount, since the GD's don't have bumpers. The entire rack is still usable for firewood, generator, etc. (without the bikes)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6492.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	18195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6499.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	18196
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also use the Swagman like Rob suggested.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrytruett View Post
    I had both of these racks in my shop, not being used so I married them to gather for a nice bike rack. Into the receiver is a Harbor Freight carrier. On top I welded a Swagman bumper mount, since the GD's don't have bumpers. The entire rack is still usable for firewood, generator, etc. (without the bikes)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6492.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	18195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6499.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	18196
    My Solitude has no hitch receiver but it does have the square bumper. I would like to get the Swagman bumper mount carrier like the one you have and use it to hold some items while my rig is in storage (maybe 100 lbs max). It would be even better if they made it so it could be folded up and out of the way when not in use.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    My Solitude has no hitch receiver but it does have the square bumper. I would like to get the Swagman bumper mount carrier like the one you have and use it to hold some items while my rig is in storage (maybe 100 lbs max). It would be even better if they made it so it could be folded up and out of the way when not in use.
    I agree. Mine mounts in a 2" receiver.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This Swagman RV bike rack has served us well for 3.5 years and over 30,000 miles:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We carry two comfort bikes that are not lightweights.

Edit/PS: if the rack still comes with the bumper clamp, throw it away! Nothing should ever be clamped to an RV bumper. We use our rack in a frame-mounted receiver.

Rob
    Have the same swagman bike rack. Very good quality.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD Laramie LB 4x4
    2014 Adventurer 910 DB Truck camper

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hooked a Swagman to my bumper on my other manufacture 5er and traveled 25,000 miles without a problem. A friend of mine had well know 5er for its quality and put one on his bumper and the bumper fell off within about the first 300 miles and destroyed two bikes. Use those bumper mounts at your own risk!!

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I hooked a Swagman to my bumper on my other manufacture 5er and traveled 25,000 miles without a problem. A friend of mine had well know 5er for its quality and put one on his bumper and the bumper fell off within about the first 300 miles and destroyed two bikes. Use those bumper mounts at your own risk!!
    We don't tow our trailer. It only gets moved from the RV site about 1/2 mile to the storage lot. That said, the bumper is welded (I think) to the end of the trailer frame.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought the swagman dispatch model and traveled from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada to Palm Springs through snow storms and rough ice packed roads and our bikes were still solid when we arrived in California.
    Pam & John

2017 Ford F350 CCSB Diesel
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast