Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burgpath View Post
    Sure will.
    Waiting on final offers from both dealers now.
    The 2 do not include Lazy Days. They have declined to meet my offer and didnt want to counter. Northgate RV and Cookeville RV, neither having a unit on the ground, are negotiating.

Any updates? Did you get a new unit ordered?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    I wasn't talking to you in the first place. Sorry if you took it that I was.

Didn't take it that way at all....just saying that it is normal business.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, got an update. A 2nd salesperson from LazyDays called me mid week. Asked if there was something they could do to earn my business. So I explained my previous visit. Said he would get me some numbers and see what they could do to compete with NorthGate and Cookville. 2 days go by, silence. Today I get a text passing me back to the guy who we started with. He wanted my VIN so they could quote the trade in. SO i provided it and he replied 'have the numbers right back to you'. 3 hours later, nothing. So i text back and ask if they even have a 380 on the lot. Yes, but no gen prep and its the light interior. Numbers by 5.
    5 pm comes while we are driving near the dealer, so we swing in. After finally remembering that he was going to get us #s he tell me theres no way they could do 85K OTD on a 380 with my trade. OK, what can you do. 20 minutes later they come back at 85K for just the unit, no trade, nothing.
    The sales guy explained the LD will never be able to compete with smaller dealers because they have to pay a per unit fee to corp. Advertising, umbrellas, free popcorn, all adds up. Huh.

So we looked at the 380 they had on the lot just for kicks and are still convinced thats what we want, so theres that.

Meanwhile NorthGate is still trying to earn my business, despite being 5K higher then Cookeville, by shopping for a lower interest rate then we were approved for by Good Sams. Such a differenc ein selling philosophy.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we are going with NorthGate RV. Ordered a 380FL today, since none were on the lot. Thats without an invoice mind you, though they seemed fine with it, as are we. Must mean they know what it costs, even with just a build sheet. Likely 6 weeks out and possibly could be a 2020 (I hope that it is).
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered a 380FL today
    Congratulations!!
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks. Now the wait begins....
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Now the wait begins....
    Its been about 8 weeks now. Did you get your RV? We are also in the knoxville area and deciding where to purchase a custom built momentum. I've already been to cookeville, but I'll take a look at northgate as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the nudge, had forgotten this thread.
    Our 2020 380FLR was purchased from Northgate RV in Ringgold Ga. We went with NG over Cookville for 3 reasons: Previous good purchase, great loan rate, nearby service center. The lower loan rate made up for the price difference between the 2 dealers. No issues with delivery, camper is great.
    If you are closer to Cookville over the Knoxville area, I think you'd be good with them.
    Northgate has a location near the Knoxville airport. They can service but cant sell, GD products.
    No wa yI'd ever go back to LazyDays.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2015 Reflection came from Tennessee RV, predecessor to Lazy Days. It was an excellent dealership in every way. We wanted a 323BHS with the SuperSofa, and they had one stock order in production. The GD sales rep made the order change, and my special order was delivered in 2 weeks. The salesman called the GD rep directly.without going thru any sales manager, etc. We hear nothing but good about Northgate, but know nothing about Cookeville. Forget trying to deal with Nashville and Huntsville, however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    My 2015 Reflection came from Tennessee RV, predecessor to Lazy Days. It was an excellent dealership in every way. We wanted a 323BHS with the SuperSofa, and they had one stock order in production. The GD sales rep made the order change, and my special order was delivered in 2 weeks. The salesman called the GD rep directly.without going thru any sales manager, etc. We hear nothing but good about Northgate, but know nothing about Cookeville. Forget trying to deal with Nashville and Huntsville, however.
    Madison RV in Huntsville? Bamaman, didn't you have a signature block?
    Last edited by gobama84; 05-31-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Additional Question
    Loyd - USMC Retired & Dean - SSA Retired
    Looking to Full Time as soon as we buy a 397TH
    Currently working as a Government Contractor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast