User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dining Table Mod

First mod took place on the morning (yesterday) following the day we took delivery. We only want two chairs at the table but the way the base (attachment point at the floor) is positioned, one chair cannot be centered on each side without sitting very far from the table. The front legs of the chair come in contact with the base. As built, it is an x but I needed it to be a +. I unscrewed the base from the floor and disassembled the table. The square block on top of the base was rotated 90 degrees and the table was reassembled. I pulled out a number of staples along the way and replaced them with screws.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190310_132717_resized.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	18230

Name:	20190310_135504_resized.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	18231

We aren't even sure if we will take the two folding chairs along. I have often loaded our previous trailers attempting to account for every possible scenario. This time I want to pack for how we travel 90% of the time and worry about the other 10% when/if it happens.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff

Thanks for the mod. I will look at mine and see if is the same, and probably change to what you did. Just what I need another project.
    Would be nice if this came from factory this way, makes more sense.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Jeff

Thanks for the mod. I will look at mine and see if is the same, and probably change to what you did. Just what I need another project.
    Would be nice if this came from factory this way, makes more sense.

Brian
    The way it was built allowed for four chairs to fit fine. This fits two much better and four should be okay also. My wife also noticed that the table was not originally centered on the window so we rectified that as well.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    First mod took place on the morning (yesterday) following the day we took delivery.
    Oh yeah, you're definitely a member of the right forum.

Nice job on the mod, too. (I'm not going to let Fran see this or I'll have yet ANOTHER change to do!)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice mod.
    We only travel with 2 chairs and suffer from the X-factor as well. Will look in to this. Thank you
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to understand what I am getting into . . .

I am interested in this mod as there is usually just two of us. How is the center post attached to the top and the base?

Many thanks
    Keith & Kate
    Central Ohio
    2015 Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    2016 Ford F250XL Diesel Crew Cab SRW 4x4

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my hubby is now aware of this - I see future work to be done in the "dining room".

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSpyderMan View Post
    I am interested in this mod as there is usually just two of us. How is the center post attached to the top and the base?

Many thanks
    If I recall correctly, it isn't really "attached". There is a block on the underside of the table (just like the one that can be seen on top of the base) that the post fits over tightly. This block centers and aligns the post. There were some staples in it but it wasn't secure at all and the table end was not impacted by the mod. I think I drilled pilot holes and drove a couple screws through the post and into the block to hold everything in place during the reassembly process. Most of the work is actually on the base. The alignment block on the base was glued and screwed.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	20455

You back those screws out and gently pry off the block so as to not damage it or the base. It is glued on there pretty securely. Once separated, rotate the block 90 degrees and secure it with glue and the same screws. Reassembly is easy. Place the table top on the carpet, slide the post over the threaded rod, slide the base over the rod, and the whole assembly is held together by a washer and nut that is threaded on to the rod. Snug it up good, flip it over, and drive the screws through the base and into the floor. Make sure to use the original screws to assure that they aren't too long to avoid damaging the linoleum when the slide is retracted.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion