User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Great app for your route planning - Sygic Truck. You can program in all of your parameters, and it'll route you clear of low overpasses, low rated bridges, etc.
    Awesome! I'll look into it! Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I found this out the hard way. Coming around my office building to load up in the back, I scraped the neighbors building. The shared drive was crowned in the center, so which I was watching from my mirror the best I could, I did not see the top of the camper was on the brick! Luckily it barely caught it and it was just the corner trim piece & gutter extension that ripped off. Ordered them for $15, some caulk and dicor and looks like new.

I also did it again this weekend pulling out of the driveway. It was garbage day and I must have clipped it and knocked the can over lol.

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We check every park out on Google earth and any chance of tree damage we avoid it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I didn't allow enough room for tailswing.

I was pulling out from a gas station and didn't go forward enough from the end concrete barrier (bollock?). The good part is that the only damaged parts are the J-wrap aluminum and the clearance light. Fortunately the ladder & fuel station weren't affected.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement J-wrap. I'd rather not take it to the dealer (where wait times are measured in months) for something I'm pretty sure I can fix. TIA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210622_111628.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	35084
    signature

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Yesterday I didn't allow enough room for tailswing.

I was pulling out from a gas station and didn't go forward enough from the end concrete barrier (bollock?). The good part is that the only damaged parts are the J-wrap aluminum and the clearance light. Fortunately the ladder & fuel station weren't affected.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement J-wrap. I'd rather not take it to the dealer (where wait times are measured in months) for something I'm pretty sure I can fix. TIA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210622_111628.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	35084
    Can be ordered from Grand Design. The freight will be way more than the metal.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like GD got their parts website working as of this morning (it wasn't yesterday). Indeed, I reckon shipping of a 9 foot length of j-wrap will cost me an arm and a leg even though it weighs about 8 lbs. Ugh.
    signature

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like GD got their parts website working as of this morning (it wasn't yesterday). Indeed, I reckon shipping of a 9 foot length of j-wrap will cost me an arm and a leg even though it weighs about 8 lbs. Ugh.
    Might be worth calling GD and ask if they could put the metal in a camper that is headed to a dealer near you, and pick it up locally from the dealer. Wouldn't cost anything for shipping that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received this from GD:
    We do not sell any parts directly to retail customers. All parts orders must be processed through a Grand Design dealership. We have a few dealers that does a lot of these orders and can have the parts shipped directly to you.
    • You may contact the following to drop ship to anyone in the country
    o Coachlight RV Sales – 5305 Garrison Ave. Carthage, MO 64836 417-358-7444
    o Pharr RVs - 320 N Loop 289 Lubbock, TX 79403 806-765-6088
    o Youngbloods of Paducah KY – 5146 Heartland Drive. Paducah, KY 42001 270-443-8211 / [email protected]
    • You may also email into [email protected] for Part #’s, please include your vin #.
    • If you need further assistance, please call in and speak to any Regional Service Managers 574-825-9679
    It looked like a cut-n-pasted response since there were two different fonts used in the email. Plus they didn't address my question about getting a piece smaller than 12'. Oh well ..
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 07-01-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    signature

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received this from GD:

It looked like a cut-n-pasted response since there were two different fonts used in the email. Plus they didn't address my question about getting a piece smaller than 12'. Oh well ..
    Don't email! Call the number and then press 7. If a FACTORY short section is damaged, you can buy that - these are commonly the end, rear sections. Otherwise, a full-length is what you are going to have to buy. LTL is required either way, and doesn't matter if dealer drops to you or not.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This subject is very fresh in my mind. I hit someone last week with the tail of my trailer why pulling into a RV spot. His truck was was extending onto the street about 18" which was in violation of park parking rules, but doesn't matter, he was stationary and I was moving. My fault according to the insurance company. The damage to both vehicles' was minor, but still adds a lot of stress to a otherwise nice 4th of July. Definitely need to use a monitor in the future and not rely totally on mirrors...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234