User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step Above stable steps

Any of you had a set of Step Above steps installed on a Reflection 29RS? I was concerned about the steps to the bedroom being a problem with the installation and the steps folding inward.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not, just wanted to welcome the macdaddy to the group.

Having a 29RS I think there maybe some interference with the inside steps. May be better to measure. I have not seen any here that have done this with any solid steps.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I have not, just wanted to welcome the macdaddy to the group.

Having a 29RS I think there maybe some interference with the inside steps. May be better to measure. I have not seen any here that have done this with any solid steps.

Brian
    Thanks Brian for the input and the input.
    Last edited by Country Campers; 03-13-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelled my name wrong

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although we don't have the Reflection 29RS and can't advise if they would fit your model, we do have the steps. They are ok for having a firm foundation to the ground and a better slope (another step) getting into the RV (if that makes any sense). We added the second hand rail and still folds up nicely inside the RV.
    But you do have to keep them clean when folding them up inside the RV. Whatever dirt is on them winds up on the floor inside the RV. Wife got a small foxtail broom from Harbor Freight to sweep them off before folding them up. She also has an old fashion small hand corn broom for more stubborn dirt. On a recent outing the steps had some mud on them, we used the the quick connect outside faucet beside the door on our unit to wash them off, then raised them up midway to let them shed excess water. She then placed an old towel on the floor inside threshold to catch any excess water. Worked pretty good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1935.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve. Great info.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to comment on that style of step. I do have a similar set of steps and I am very pleased with them. A couple of considerations:
    > They do need some room to swing out. This may or may not be an issue depending on your storage situation.
    > As mentioned above, helps to clean them of dirt or water before folding in. I have the carpet strips on mine; when they get wet they WILL drip. I always place a towel at the base when I fold them in wet.
    > I have heard complaints about the weight/height involved with opening/closing them. I have no issue here, but something to try out before hand.
    > You are NOT getting in or out without lowering them all the way. Something to think about (rest stop access, etc.)

Again, I love them; but some don't and there are factors to consider.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have used them getting in and out of trailers but have never had then on our own trailer. Still prefer the GlowStep Revolution. They are solid as they sit on the ground with adjustments for different terrains. Whats nice with the Glow Steps is they are wider which the dogs like and they fold up under the trailer so your'e not dumping any dirt or water into the trailer. Have had them for 3 years now without any trouble from them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We have used them getting in and out of trailers but have never had then on our own trailer. Still prefer the GlowStep Revolution. They are solid as they sit on the ground with adjustments for different terrains. Whats nice with the Glow Steps is they are wider which the dogs like and they fold up under the trailer so your'e not dumping any dirt or water into the trailer. Have had them for 3 years now without any trouble from them.
    x2 on the GlowStep. My DW (and our two furry friends) love the new steps. No comparison to the stock "diving boards" that are standard equipment.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    x2 on the GlowStep. My DW (and our two furry friends) love the new steps. No comparison to the stock "diving boards" that are standard equipment.
    x3 on the Torklift GlowStep Revolution Steps, got them for our 303 (4 step version), going to move them to the 337. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X4...love the GlowStep.

Funny, our dog was confused at first when she encountered the fourth step!

Best mod to the 303 we have done (to date).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast