User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

380FL has magnets on all doors but one....

We've been getting used to life in the 380FL and as a result I noticed that every storage door but one has a magnet retaining catch.

For some reason, the curbside storage door for storage under the living room does not have a magnet, while the door on the exact opposite side of the trailer has one.
    I hadn't really given it much thought until this morning when a neighbor of mine who recently bought a new 380FL mentioned this issue to me.

I was planning on calling Grand Design Customer Service this morning, but I thought I'd throw the issue out there and see if anyone else has had this issue....

Yes, I did a search and I see where several other GD model owners have "added" magnets, but I'm simply wondering what, if anything, causes Grand Design to purposely leave off a magnet catch on just one door location. Seems odd to me.
    2019 Solitude 380FL
    Parked in Fort Myers
    Our Winter Wonderland

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at some pictures I can not see a reason why this is left off. Probably missed in engineering. Interested to hear what GD says.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Looking at some pictures I can not see a reason why this is left off. Probably missed in engineering. Interested to hear what GD says.
    Brian
    Just off the phone with Grand Design Customer Service and I must say I'm just as bewildered as I was before I called, with the exception that they are sending me a magnet set for the door.
    I was on the line with the gentleman as he was checking pictures of the 380FL and it was funny that all of a sudden he says "you're right Sir, that's the only door without a magnet." He then placed me on hold, apparently to get "permission" to send me the magnet. I also gave him my neighbor's VIN and he's going to send along a set for him as well.

In our conversation, I recommended that he send an email to the Solitude design group and let them know that this issue in fact exists, I hope he follows up on that.

So.... as others have said, count me in the "very well pleased" group of folks who have dealt with Grand Design Customer Service.
    2019 Solitude 380FL
    Parked in Fort Myers
    Our Winter Wonderland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They still arent putting that on. Just got our new camper last month.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
    We've been getting used to life in the 380FL and as a result I noticed that every storage door but one has a magnet retaining catch.

For some reason, the curbside storage door for storage under the living room does not have a magnet, while the door on the exact opposite side of the trailer has one.
    I hadn't really given it much thought until this morning when a neighbor of mine who recently bought a new 380FL mentioned this issue to me.

I was planning on calling Grand Design Customer Service this morning, but I thought I'd throw the issue out there and see if anyone else has had this issue....

Yes, I did a search and I see where several other GD model owners have "added" magnets, but I'm simply wondering what, if anything, causes Grand Design to purposely leave off a magnet catch on just one door location. Seems odd to me.
    Our 2018 374th was the same. Got aggravating so bought a set and installed
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic