User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're okay with the OEM pillowtop mattress and a 3" elastomeric topper. But we went with a first class mattress cover over that. It's just fine.

If I was going to go the new mattress route, I'd go to Sam's Wholesale and buy an elastomeric mattress there. Sam's stores are everywhere, and the prices are right.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought an 8” memory foam mattress for about $200 at WalMart. We’ve been full time for about a year and the mattress is still comfy.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit our first matress in our 375res started to break down within a month. I called GD and they had me take a few pictures and warranties it for me. We got a 12 inch layered memory and other foam and can not be happier.
    Bottom line though is the base mattress in these rigs are pretty much junk.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    X2^^. Adding toppers is just stacking money on top of a crappy mattress. We replaced ours with a Tuft & Needle and absolutely love it. Others have done everything from Sleep Number mattresses to "you name it."

Rob
    Rob,
    What is the weight of the tuft & Needle mattress? How does it work with raising the bed for access to the storage area underneath? Our OEM mattress and memory foam topper has worked well for three seasons. But it's no longer is as comfortable.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    At home, we've been sleeping on a sleep number for years. We tried toppers, and they were not comfortable for long term.

So, the first thing we bought was a sleep number for the RV.

IMHO, it's the only way to go. [emoji16]

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    How does the sleep number bed integrate with the under bed storage. Any issues accessing the under bed storage area?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Rob,
    What is the weight of the tuft & Needle mattress? How does it work with raising the bed for access to the storage area underneath? Our OEM mattress and memory foam topper has worked well for three seasons. But it's no longer is as comfortable.
    Jim
    The Tuft & Needle queen has a shipping weight of 72 lbs. I would guess that less than 10 lbs. of that is box and plastic wrapping. The stock struts aren't quite strong enough to hold it up when we've got our heavy comforter on the bed... but I haven't bothered to replace the struts. I either rummage through the stuff under there with one hand or get my wife to hold the bed up for me (or vice versa). It's the best bed I've slept on in my 66 years (over 30 of those with back problems). When we buy a house again, you can guess what's going to be in the MBR in the house.

One note, though: with any foam mattress you'll need to figure out a way to provide air circulation between the mattress and the plywood platform to prevent moisture accumulation and mildew. There are several options - we chose this option:

https://www.mattressinsider.com/matt...revention.html

There are dry mat tiles designed for boats. They're even pricier than what we used.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    How does the sleep number bed integrate with the under bed storage. Any issues accessing the under bed storage area?
    No issue. We’ve had a SN bed in our 380TH for 4 years and have never had a problem accessing under bed storage. I drilled holes in the fixed “head” section to run the air lines to the compressor which is under the bed, and one out the side to plug into the bedside power outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Setting Up Camp
    Northern CA. (The "real" NorCal - not Bay area!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! We just bought a GD 2600rb and we are going to bring it home, pull out the stock mattress and replace it with a queen pillow top - good quality, not a topper. We've tried the topper route on our first trailer, and it isn't the same as a good mattress.

So, bite the bullet. Buy a good mattress and enjoy it!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had our first week sleeping on our Nectar memory foam mattress and I am giving it a thumbs up so far. It’s not quite as soft as our TempurPedic Cloud at home but my wife and I have had good nights sleeping on the Nectar, and we awaken with no body aches. Best of all it comes with a 365 day trial period.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Beauty rest (made in Lenexa, Ks.) mattress and box springs in our 303rls and love it. It sets a little higher so it is easier to get in and out of. When the wife needs in the storage under it I lift it up and have a swing down support arm that supports it while she does as she needs. It sleeps just like the one we have in our sticks and bricks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast