User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndayoda View Post
    We are just getting ready to embark on full time living in our brand new Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel. We purchased a memory foam topper for our bed. We did this in our previous travel trailer and it made the bed very comfy. This time it has not done the trick. The topper is 4". Was thinking of adding another topper.

Has anybody done this or have any suggestions?

Lynda
    Day 1 I tossed the "Lion" brand mattress in our 2020 Sol 310GK. Fred Flintstone could not have slept on it. Bought 3-4" memory foam pad( Wall Mart) , added egg crate, a soft thin pad on that. Well Ahh...DW and I love it! Of course we fulltime and comfort is very important.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommend a new mattress. The factory can't satisfy everyone's mattress preferences so they just ut what I would cal a "temporary" mattress in our units. Try MattressInsider.com. They have what you need what ever it may be. They custom make to your preference for size and firmness in a variety of price points. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, we've purchased mattresses for two different RVs from Mattress Insider in Colorado (mattressinsider.com). Both have been very comfortable and a VAST improvement over the original equipment mattresses. Both mattresses arrived in less than a week, prices seemed reasonable, and we found Mattress Insider easy to work with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The factory mattress was a "no go." We went with the Brooklyn Chill memory foam model from Brooklyn Bedding. They offer different densities depending on the firmness you are looking for. Do your research - there are so many mattresses in a box to choose from in addition to many great coil spring models. Ours was $400 and they are typically "on sale."
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I forgot to add. Foam mattress in RV's can have a mold issue between the bottom of the mattress and the plywood platform. We went with a Hypervent Aire Flow moisture barrier from Mattress Insider. Its about $10 a foot and a queen will take 10'. We cut the barrier into 5' lengths, laid it side to side and taped it together. Works fine for us. Hope this helps.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We purchased a Sealy Cocoon mattress. It comes in a small but heavy box. Simply remove the plastic wrap & within an hour it’s fully opened. 8” thick. We purchased this for our last fifth wheel & moved it into our 345 when we picked up the Grand Design. We have had it 2 years & love it. We converted our king bed to a queen in the Select Suites & found it was easy to change our 345 to a queen.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 303 came with a memory foam mattress. Very comfortable
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were concerned about that too.... we are going to replace the sleeper sofa (which is terribly heavy!) with a normal sofa. This should make weight room for a normal mattress.
    We aren't inclined to invite sleepovers.... kids are old enough.. they can get a room nearby if they visit us.
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GKR
    1 Chocolate Lab, 1 Puggle
    We're like kids, but with credit cards and truck keys!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndayoda View Post
    We are just getting ready to embark on full time living in our brand new Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel. We purchased a memory foam topper for our bed. We did this in our previous travel trailer and it made the bed very comfy. This time it has not done the trick. The topper is 4". Was thinking of adding another topper.

Has anybody done this or have any suggestions?

Lynda

SLEEP NUMBER for 25 years. I have a back injury and I won't sleep on anything else. Adjust each side to your individual likes. Lighter than just about anything out there. You won't regret it. Just my $2.50 worth (inflation).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a Casper Element mattress for $521 Black Friday sale. I never slept on the stock mattress, didn't need to know that it would not work for me, Felt like laying on a stack of plywood with cardboard bundled topper...No Bueno.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast