User Tag List

Thread: Hitch height?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch height?

When I go to reconnect, trailer will not go to the correct hitch height. Always higher. Any ideas?
    2022 Silverado Duramax/Allison 2500 HD
    2018 Momentum 328
    2018 Polaris RZR
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Hitch height" is the height the nose/king pin was at when you hit "Auto Level". Is your "return to hitch height" height higher than that?

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    "Hitch height" is the height the nose/king pin was at when you hit "Auto Level". Is your "return to hitch height" height higher than that?

Chris
    Related question: When I auto level, and then later try to return to hitch height, I get a message saying "Function Disabled" so I have to do it manually. Why is it disabled and how do I enable it?

Ken

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyLovesCamping View Post
    Related question: When I auto level, and then later try to return to hitch height, I get a message saying "Function Disabled" so I have to do it manually. Why is it disabled and how do I enable it?

Ken
    I have only seen the "function disabled" when I have either lost 12V power to the controller after "autoLeveling" or (sometimes) when I have made manual adjustments after "autoLeveling". Do either of these fit your situation? Also, do you have the hydraulic "LeveUp" or the electrical "Ground Control" leveling system? I have the LevelUp in our Solitude. The systems might be different in some details. Adding you truck & trailer information to your signature may help to get a more specific answer.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris. You mentioned some good possibilities so I'll pay more attention to what has happened just prior to the error message. I do have the hydraulic system, btw.
    Also, I literally had just joined this forum moments before my posted question so I haven't yet figured out how/where to fill in that signature stuff. I have a 2018 Solitude 344GK-R pulled by a 2012 F350 Lariat Superduty 6.7 CC LB 4x4 dually. Buddy is the dog (a Sporgi).

Ken & Suzi
    Dallas, OR

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should help, it's from LCI manual. The operation is a little different for those with OneControl, but same idea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW I think you've nailed the problem. The pin box is almost certainly not above level, which would explain the "Disabled" message. I'll try again with the pin box above level. Thanks for the tip!

Ken