User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    That's interesting. Because when I was shopping and researching new tires, the consensus was overwhelmingly Goodyear endurance. I went with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Gary's post #9 with the feedback he received from LS Tire was (as I recall) the only post like this to not go with GY Endurance Tires. 99 to 1........I think you are in good company. Even though very early in the game for the Endurance, there have been no negative reports on this forum. I have not looked elsewhere.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear Endurance after two seasons. Sold the 5 Westlakes for $175.00.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the Endurance tires on our reflection as soon as I got it home , + 6000 miles and no noticeable wear. The issue is they don’t come in load ranges for the heavier fifth wheels. Last time I checked E was as heavy as you could get.
    As an aside , I gave the E rated Westlakes to a friend to replace the D’s on a fairly large bumper pull. He had two blowouts on one trip 18 months later.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading hundreds of postings on RV and Marine forums, I'm not hearing anything but nice about the Goodyear Endurance tires. I cannot say the same about Goodyear Marathons after they moved production to China. They're probably the most problematic trailer tire (ST) on the retail market.

And with millions and millions of trailer tires sold on new trailers, RV's, boats, etc. yearly, Goodyear has hit a home run with that tire.

I still love my Bridgestone Duravis R250's, however.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Every time I talk my self into trusting the Westy's that came on my creampuff all this comes out. Goodyear's it is !!!!!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony I would suggest going with Centramatic constant balancers, like the beads, they offer dynamic balancing but they are external

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with Goodyear G614, G rated tires on my 337RLS. It was between the G614s or the Sailun tires. The Goodyear’s were available locally and the Sailuns would have taken a few days to get shipped and I was leaving for a long trip.

I also installed flow through TPMS sensors and needed high pressure metal valve stems.

The Goodyear G614s were 2x as expensive as the Sailuns but I couldn’t wait.

Here’s a picture of a Goodyear Marathon that exploded on my friend’s horse trailer last month. He went with G rated tires after this incident. The damage to his trailer cost more to fix than replacing the tires.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they keep the Edurance as it is then it will be what I put on next. Had them on my previous trailer and absolutely no regrets with them, but as you stated the Marathons are crap and that is just my opinion which along with $5.99 will get you a half cup of coffee
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry, I have a Solitide with I believe is the same size tire as your reflection
    235/85/16. I am also looking switching to the Goodyear G614 load range G but I’m readying the wheel might have to be changed also? I’m wondering if you were able to use the same factory wheel or if you had to buy new wheels also?
    Thanks
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuggs View Post
    Jerry, I have a Solitide with I believe is the same size tire as your reflection
    235/85/16. I am also looking switching to the Goodyear G614 load range G but I’m readying the wheel might have to be changed also? I’m wondering if you were able to use the same factory wheel or if you had to buy new wheels also?
    Thanks
    Don
    Don,

We used the original wheels and just had the tire dealer install metal valve stems to handle the higher pressures. I run the Goodyear’s at 100 PSI. The wheel manufacture told me that the wheels are rated at 110 or 120 psi. http://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Jaguar-Aluminum-Wheel

I really like the Goodyear G614s but if Sailuns were available locally I would have purchased them at 1/2 the price.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast