User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not permanently mounted mine, rather I have a wire on it and now typically put it in the back open end of the king pin box. I use the wire to attach it to the coiled up wire connection to the truck so I do not forget it. The key is to place it outside away from and certainly not in a heated space and also where it will not receive direct sun.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to set it on the trailer tongue behind the propane tanks in the shade. One down!

We use X-chocks. Now I tuck the sensor on top of the x-chock curb side. The dining slide provides a shady spot and I can't leave without removing the chock. So far so good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a ribbon on it and just hang it on the pin on one of the front jacks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sensor.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	23051

We can move it from side to side if needed to keep it out of the sun.

And since I have to fiddle with the jacks when hooking up, it is almost impossible to forget it.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My brother has it mounted to the propane tank cover, but his has a wind sensor too. He made a mount where he easily remove and store it.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a magnet on the back of mine and mount in on the side panel of the folding steps. It is in the shade and protected, and if I forget to remove it at the end of the camping trip, folding the steps knocks it off where it lands on/by my foot.
    I also use the sensor to check on the fridge occasionally so I don't want it permanently mounted.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a weather unit with three separate remote units plus the sensors in the base unit. The outside sensor is mounted on the front of the trailer underneath the fifth wheel overhang for shade. I put a screw in the front wall to hang it with the slot provided on the sensor and then put two small screw eyes on either side to tie it on with cable ties. Once a year when it needs new batteries, I cut the cable ties to replace the batteries and put it back on with new cable ties (they deteriorate with exposure to weather, anyway). That sensor can sometimes read high if the front of the trailer is pointed southwest and the sun angles in to hit the front wall late in the evening - but I know that's what's happening. The base unit sits beside me at the back of the living area and the other two sensors are next to the hall thermostat and in the basement.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We have a weather unit with three separate remote units plus the sensors in the base unit. The outside sensor is mounted on the front of the trailer underneath the fifth wheel overhang for shade. I put a screw in the front wall to hang it with the slot provided on the sensor and then put two small screw eyes on either side to tie it on with cable ties. Once a year when it needs new batteries, I cut the cable ties to replace the batteries and put it back on with new cable ties (they deteriorate with exposure to weather, anyway). That sensor can sometimes read high if the front of the trailer is pointed southwest and the sun angles in to hit the front wall late in the evening - but I know that's what's happening. The base unit sits beside me at the back of the living area and the other two sensors are next to the hall thermostat and in the basement.

Rob
    Looks like we've got the same unit. We mounted the outside sensor under the fifth wheel hitch. The open space there we had filled with plastic mesh (birds setting up nests at our storage unit built a nest in there once). We use wire ties to attach the sensor to the plastic mesh. The other two sensors we put in the freezer and fridge. It makes it much easier to monitor how the fridge is doing without opening the doors and losing precious cold air.

We also put velcro on the back of the base monitor and put it on the end of the island. That way we don't have to put it away during travel, since the base just allows it sit anywhere you want to put it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is small/narrow, so I mounted it on the vertical support for the bumper mount spare tire. The tire mount projects over it, and it's inside the wheel, so pretty well sheltered while still being outside. Used Gorilla tape on the front side of the sensor so I could still access the back for battery changing.
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I took off without remembering to put it inside, so, I’ve now purchased a total of two.
    I had laid one on an RV tire just for a day or so, forgot it, I too have extras now.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12