User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting Outdoor temp sensor

We recently purchased a Weather Station (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6FNK6C...v_ov_lig_dp_it) and now am wondering if anyone else has such a thing and where you mounted the outdoor temp sensor. We have an Imagine XLS 22RBE. I was thinking it could just be put in the storage up front but am open to other ideas.
    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Tom

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put mine in the street side propane closet. Not 100% accurate since it's still inside a closet but it's close enough for us. The bottom of those propane closest is open to fresh air.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's an outdoor sensor then it must by somewhat weather resistant? How bout on the inside of the frame rail by the battery, as close to the camper "body" as you can get. It would likely be out of the sun at times and wouldn't get a direct hit from rain. AND you would get actual outdoor temperature readings. Some good 3M double stick foam tape and you'd be good to go.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted a sensor under the trailer behind the batteries. Used velcro to make it easy to remove to change the batteries. Screwed an eye bolt to the frame, and used a zip tie on the sensor just in case the velcro comes loose.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to put mine on the north side of the RV so it stays in the shade for the most part. It's not good when DW looks at it and reads 110F. Often times I will take a piece of gorilla tape and tape it to the sewer line by the connector, someplace I will see it and remember to put it up before traveling, hung in ambient enough to not give a false reading, usually not in direct sunlight. I have taped it to the power cord a couple of times.

Don't put it on top of a tire. I only did that once, forgot about it, the little pieces didn't do a very good job of broadcasting the temp.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I try to put mine on the north side of the RV so it stays in the shade for the most part. It's not good when DW looks at it and reads 110F. Often times I will take a piece of gorilla tape and tape it to the sewer line by the connector, someplace I will see it and remember to put it up before traveling, hung in ambient enough to not give a false reading, usually not in direct sunlight. I have taped it to the power cord a couple of times.

Don't put it on top of a tire. I only did that once, forgot about it, the little pieces didn't do a very good job of broadcasting the temp.
    Used to do that on the tire myself till I lost one. Now I set it on the sewer hose holder I have mounted under the trailer. Out of the sun and rain. Now if I can remember to pick it up when we move, so far so good. Maybe the Velcro is a good idea. That way if I forget it I would have a chance it would still be there when we get to our next stop.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put mine on the spare tire mount on the RV side with a velcro strap. It's mostly out of the sun from the spare tire, and out of most weather and all road spray.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put our's in the compartment where the hoses connect. The furnace rarely runs when camping and if it's cold outside, I can keep an eye on the temp in there easily. I have an extra temp receive in the stick house to watch the temp.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was recommended to us to put on North side for more accurate readings and we put it up with the waterproof 3m strips works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hang mine on a Command hook that i have stuck to the left of the front door. I’ve never had a weather problem but on one occasion I took off without remembering to put it inside, so, I’ve now purchased a total of two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast