Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second AC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second AC

Anyone know what size and kind of AC Grand Design recommends for a 303RLS? Thanks
    Duane & Belinda Banks
    2012 F250 D 4x4
    2014 Reflections 303RLS #338

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are asking what size for the bedroom, I can tell you what I put in. 11000 BTU low profile Dometic. So glad I did. Keeps the noise from outside out, and cools the bedroom for a good nights sleep. I keep the temp control knob about 3/4 way to max cold (I like it cool to sleep). The main AC will continue to operate but you may have to adjust the thermostat due to the close proximity to the bedroom. I found the bedroom AC cold air would filter down to the thermostat and turn it off prematurely. Adjust a couple of degrees lower and works like a charm in rest of trailer.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks luckeyd1, did your dealer install it?
    Duane & Belinda Banks
    2012 F250 D 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the dealer add the second AC in our 323bhs. It was supposed to be a 13,500 unit, but whoever shipped it sent a 15,000 just like the one in the living area. Needless to say our trailer stays very cool. We also had it ducted and really like it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks lajones.
    Duane & Belinda Banks
    2012 F250 D 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campins4us View Post
    Thanks luckeyd1, did your dealer install it?
    Sorry for the delay, camping over Labor Day Weekend and just now checking the forum. Yes dealer installed unit.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS

pcjunki
    I had the dealer install a second AC in our 303RLS. It is a Dometic Low-Profile 11,000 btu AC ducted into the system.

kbernstein
    I , too, am in the process of installing a second AC. It is at the dealer's service dept. right now. Will let you know how it goes....The second AC Unit is a must in warmer regions.. We live in Central California with temps consistently in the 100's. BTW, the Reflection 323 tows/handles very well. This fifth wheel tows very well....in fact, it its the best towing of the three rigs that I have owned .

Ken and Nancy
    Reflection 323BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcjunki View Post
    I had the dealer install a second AC in our 303RLS. It is a Dometic Low-Profile 11,000 btu AC ducted into the system.

According to Dometic web page on this unit, which I also have, is not ducted. You have to get the 13500 BTU to get ducted capabilities. Here is the link to where I got the info.

https://www.dometic.com/b154c316-93c...c7604cad.fodoc

By the way, I love mine. It keeps the bedroom nice and cool, and the hum keeps exterior noise from interfering with my sleep. We used it every day/night, yes I ran it continuously during our summer camping trip where we were in the direct sun and temps in the 90's. Trailer was very comfortable with both units operating. One thing due to close proximity of the main thermostat and the bedroom, the cold air from the bedroom AC will be drawn down and shut off your main unit maybe too early for you. I had to adjust the temp down on this unit to keep the temps to my liking.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the drop in a/c's added after the fact are not ducted into the roof system.

They are also usually controlled from knobs or buttons on the a/c unit itself, rather than a thermostat on the wall.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast