User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry337 View Post
    This is the "dad", and I've tried the baby powder to keep the slide seal from binding with no success as shown in the attached photos.
    Attachment 18725, Attachment 18726
    The dining area slide seal still catches in the middle of the slide, the bedroom slide seal continues to come out the entire length as it should and the kitchen slide seal will not come out at all. I have a 2017 337RLS and all the slide seals are in great shape and are very flexible and soft, so the seals themselves do not appear to be the problem. I know there has been quite a bit written on this subject, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Do I clean them again and apply sealant conditioner instead ...? Thanks!
    Jerry,
    In my situation the rubber membrane on the slide itself was the problem, after spending some time under some pine trees the membrane became tacky and would try to bind up the rubber seal. From the top of the rig, I used some mild soap and water and carefully lifted the seal and cleaned under the seal and the entire top of the slide. After doing this, I used the slide seal /lubricant conditioner recommended by this group and that solved my problem. Regarding the baby powder, I too used that at first, but my application was to fill an clean cotton sock with the baby powder and wipe on the rubber seal (again, a tip from this forum), this worked great the first year I had my rig, but after the pine trees I had to resort to washing thoroughly and chose to go back with the slide seal /lubricant conditioner. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine on the long slideout tops, do the same thing now and again...
    I think some tucking under is inevitable, since so much depends on the rubber turning in or out along the entire length.

The surface cleanliness, the rubber pliability, the temperature and the sliding action isn't always very smooth.
    There are two sets of seals, inner and outer which do a decent job of keeping out the elements. I dont think they're designed to be waterproof, just shield it, the ide roofs are pitched to shed water, when the rig is level.
    I had wondered if the slide needed an adjustment, there are elevation bolts for that reason, depicted in Lippert's manual, but havent gotten around to checking side to side measurements yet to quantify if they're even. I found one of the adjustment bolts were loose, so its good idea to check them all.

This pic shows what my slide system is comprised of... i thought all GD trailers had the same system ??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190323_151913.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	18787

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for your input. I'm going to scrub all the surfaces and try seal conditioner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again I want to thank those who responded for your advice. I have tried everything suggested and as mentioned by one member I also think some tucking under is inevitable as I still have the issue from time-to-time on one or more of my slide outs. I have since checked the weather reports for each stay and if poor weather is expected I climb on my roof and make sure the seals are out so I don't get any leakage. Perhaps not the easiest way to go, but it has worked well for me thus far. If anyone finds a "miracle cure" for this problem, please let me know. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Mine on the long slideout tops, do the same thing now and again...
    I think some tucking under is inevitable, since so much depends on the rubber turning in or out along the entire length.

The surface cleanliness, the rubber pliability, the temperature and the sliding action isn't always very smooth.
    There are two sets of seals, inner and outer which do a decent job of keeping out the elements. I dont think they're designed to be waterproof, just shield it, the ide roofs are pitched to shed water, when the rig is level.
    I had wondered if the slide needed an adjustment, there are elevation bolts for that reason, depicted in Lippert's manual, but havent gotten around to checking side to side measurements yet to quantify if they're even. I found one of the adjustment bolts were loose, so its good idea to check them all.

This pic shows what my slide system is comprised of... i thought all GD trailers had the same system ??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190323_151913.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	18787

milgala,

I have a torn slide seal and looking for a replacement. Where did you get the picture from any part #'s or manufacture?

Thanks

Chuck
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't measured my seals, just looked up the part thru grand design parts lookup.
    For mine: Exterior > Slide Out Exterior = https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/22007
    640185 : SEAL LARGE WALL CAP TPE W/2" DOUBLE WIPERS AND BULBS BLACK

Searching, the Black Double EKD RV Rubber Seal Base looks similar.
    Like: AP Products
    018-2030-168 2" x 3-3/16" Double EKD Seal Base with 2-3/8" Wiper - Black
    018-2080-168 1.5" x 3-3/16" Double EKD Seal Base with 2-3/8" Wiper - Black
    018-2082-168 1.5" x 3-1/2" Double EKD Seal Base with 2-3/4" Wiper - Black
    Last edited by gbkims; 07-02-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: PNs
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gbkims,
    When replacing those slide seal systems, be forewared GD screws the assemly into the hidden slide-out vertical aluminum frame member.
    In order to remove the old slide piece without taking off fascia slide trim, it's necessary to use a short depth wrench or ratchet to back out the screws. While folding back slide seal.
    I think there were 4-5.of them.
    Simply twist out the whole assembly.

When installing the new trim, remove the bulb seals and twist the whole new piece into place, without them.
    Press the assembly tight against the framing and screw through the exposed bulb channel. I made a pilot hole to reduce
    wobbling wt self tapping screws.
    The attachment screws will be hidden from view once you slide the seal back up into the channel inside and outside.
    Both areas must be fastened, to maintain stability.
    Hope this helps.!!

Micahel

Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have not done it yet, checking all adjustment bolts to ensure they're tight sounds like a good idea. Thanks
    2017 GD 337RLS & 2019 Ford F350

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are very helpful !! I have a 2016 Reflection and have a torn seal on the dinette slide. I can follow some of the tips but have not really looked at the seal close as it has been raining . My thoughts , was this a difficult project? I guess I need to look and find out if my seal is a double seal. Looks to me this would be a good setup for seals. I will have to do some checking.
    Cmanley I have about the same setup as you , 2016 Reflection 303rls, 2002 GM 2500 duramax. I see your post is an older post. Did your replacement go smooth? Appreciate any and all help. Thanks everyone ! Duke13
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12