Quote Originally Posted by Jerry337 View Post
This is the "dad", and I've tried the baby powder to keep the slide seal from binding with no success as shown in the attached photos.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seal1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	18725, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seal2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	18726
The dining area slide seal still catches in the middle of the slide, the bedroom slide seal continues to come out the entire length as it should and the kitchen slide seal will not come out at all. I have a 2017 337RLS and all the slide seals are in great shape and are very flexible and soft, so the seals themselves do not appear to be the problem. I know there has been quite a bit written on this subject, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Do I clean them again and apply sealant conditioner instead ...? Thanks!
Jerry,
In my situation the rubber membrane on the slide itself was the problem, after spending some time under some pine trees the membrane became tacky and would try to bind up the rubber seal. From the top of the rig, I used some mild soap and water and carefully lifted the seal and cleaned under the seal and the entire top of the slide. After doing this, I used the slide seal /lubricant conditioner recommended by this group and that solved my problem. Regarding the baby powder, I too used that at first, but my application was to fill an clean cotton sock with the baby powder and wipe on the rubber seal (again, a tip from this forum), this worked great the first year I had my rig, but after the pine trees I had to resort to washing thoroughly and chose to go back with the slide seal /lubricant conditioner. Hope this helps.