Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to fix slideout rubber seal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	18480

Hello Reflection owners! This question is actually for my dad, who bought a used Reflection fifth wheel and is having trouble with the rubber seal around one of his slideouts. As you can see from the photo, it gets caught underneath the wall of the unit when slid out, and it's only a matter of a large rainstorm before that turns into a leak. How should he fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd physically pull it out and try to straighten it out by hand. Then I'd warm it up with a hair dryer to see if you can mold it back to the desired shape. Finally, wipe both sides of the seals with baby powder to let them slide easier.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the baby powder....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would probably help to clean them first also. Slide seal conditioner will help keep it flexible and help avoid drying and tearing. I’ve heard of using baby powder, but never tried it. If Jim and Dallas recommend it, I’m sure it works.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the slide seal conditioner twice per year as this helps to keep them supple and well functioning. I do check mine after extending slides and pull out as needed. This includes the roof top which is no big deal for me as I am always checking the roof on a regular basis anyway. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the above recommendations are good, especially the conditioner. On our last 5th wheel I replaced this top seal and it was very easy. I a stock length online , pulled the old one out the end. Cut the new seal to the same length as the old. Squirted some WD40 on track and the part of the seal/wiper that goes in the slot and slid it right in. Very easy job to do.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much everyone! I can't say enough good things about how helpful and friendly this forum is.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this stuff on slide seals, tires, spa cover, etc.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/303-30382...hoCIbwQAvD_BwE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    All the above recommendations are good, especially the conditioner. On our last 5th wheel I replaced this top seal and it was very easy. I a stock length online , pulled the old one out the end. Cut the new seal to the same length as the old. Squirted some WD40 on track and the part of the seal/wiper that goes in the slot and slid it right in. Very easy job to do.
    Hi....
    Did GD change their slide seal system ??

I have a '17 model Reflection and mine are a one piece molded U-shaped length.
    They do have channels, but only for the bulb seals that slide into the channels,
    NOT the "wiper" blades themselves ??

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the "dad", and I've tried the baby powder to keep the slide seal from binding with no success as shown in the attached photos.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seal1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	18725, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seal2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	18726
    The dining area slide seal still catches in the middle of the slide, the bedroom slide seal continues to come out the entire length as it should and the kitchen slide seal will not come out at all. I have a 2017 337RLS and all the slide seals are in great shape and are very flexible and soft, so the seals themselves do not appear to be the problem. I know there has been quite a bit written on this subject, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Do I clean them again and apply sealant conditioner instead ...? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast