User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Lippert also told me a can't use a slider hitch with the Turning point pin box"

This is puzzling. With the wedge in place to make the turning point work, nothing is different except the hitch moving back 10" which should make maneuvering even better. The turning point should not be effected. Now there might be a bit more strain on the sliders, but they should be able to handle it. I believe Reese makes a slider kit for the pro series. Perhaps give Reese a call. Did Lippert give you a reason?

Just wondering
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    "Lippert also told me a can't use a slider hitch with the Turning point pin box"

This is puzzling. With the wedge in place to make the turning point work, nothing is different except the hitch moving back 10" which should make maneuvering even better. The turning point should not be effected. Now there might be a bit more strain on the sliders, but they should be able to handle it. I believe Reese makes a slider kit for the pro series. Perhaps give Reese a call. Did Lippert give you a reason?

Just wondering
    Keith
    I was in the middle of typing exactly this same perspective . . . Keith beat me to it . I completely agree. I have a Reese manual slider hitch and I can't see any reason that it wouldn't work with a turning point pin box.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    X2 on what the video showed - they say 90, but the actual was somewhat less. What was shown, though, would be more than enough. So, time to look at how your hitch is mounted. You don't have many inches to spare. Find the installation manual, and start going over the truck. You may find that the dealer mounted the hitch a bit too far forward, eating up the scant inches you had available for very tight turns.....

(I had a Reese Revolution, which is the same as the Turning Point, on my old 5th and thought it was a great solution to avoid the cost and weight of a slider. But, I have a 6.5 box also ....)
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coundn't you try to sell your Reese hitch and get a Curt A16 hitch with a Curt wedge, then you could use the turning point set to swivel and get the 90 degree turning limit. Works great
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Reese R20 Titan has settings on the head (actually the rocker assembly). One setting moves it back about 2' to 4" from the forward setting. It assembles in 3 pieces so I know it can be adjusted. Also Reese recommends specific wedges that fit tighter to their heads. I think they are model specific.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    My Reese R20 Titan has settings on the head (actually the rocker assembly). One setting moves it back about 2' to 4" from the forward setting. It assembles in 3 pieces so I know it can be adjusted. Also Reese recommends specific wedges that fit tighter to their heads. I think they are model specific.

Hope this helps
    Reese's wedges are for their Revolution, so may not be applicable to the Turning Point. But it would be good to see if Lippert makes wedges for specific hitches, like Reese does. My old 16K Titan unfortunately doesn't adjust forward or back...but maybe the more recent ones all do. Something to check out.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    I bought the Reflection 150 series 295RL based on the ability to be able to turn 90 degrees with my 2014 F150 short bed. The video on the Reflection web shows it being done. The dealer sold me a Reese Pro Series 15K hitch. He used the standard mounting kit. All is not well, I can not make the 90 degree turns. I was also told there isn't another longer Pin box that will work. Lippert also told me a can't use a slider hitch with the Turning point pin box. So I am stuck, there is no fix, perhaps if I had the longer 6.5 Ford box it would all work. But I already owned the truck and bought the Fifth Wheel, which I love, believing I could make it all work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Why not order the wedge for the Reese Pro Series hitch and remove the bolts from the pin box that allow it to rotate. If there is any for/aft adjustment move the hitch to the rear as others suggested. I know three people that are towing a 150 Series Reflection with a 5.5' box. I'm not sure if they can do a 90 degree turn but the setup has been working for them.

Wedge part number 30850. This should work. You could call Lippert or Reese to confirm.

Bob
    Last edited by grampscamper; 03-19-2019 at 05:36 AM.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    I know three people that are towing a 150 Series Reflection with a 5.5' box. I'm not sure if they can do a 90 degree turn but the setup has been working for them.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Could you get a measurement from the other F150s towing 5th wheels with a 5.5 ft box that @bikerdude could use as a reference?
    Something easy like front of box to centre of hitch?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob,

I'll see one of them this week. If they have their hitch installed I'll get a measurement. If not I'll get a measurement to the rails. They have a 2014 Ford with a 5.5' bed and a Curt A16 hitch.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried both the Lippert Turning point wedge and the Reese wedge. Neither will allow the greater turning radius. THanks for the suggestion though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast