User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Cruised (and I mean 60 MPH on cruise control!) right up I75 through Atlanta at about 9AM Sunday morning. (Have never done this before in either direction) Most of the construction that has been going on for the past 5 years or more, is complete. We stayed the night before at Forsyth KOA about an hour south of Atlanta. It was packed with snowbird RVs of every shape and size . . . all planning the same Sunday morning "Atlanta crossing" .

Rob
    After two cross-country trips spanning 19 months, I learned early on to always pass through big cities on Sunday and it happened FIRST in Atlanta !!!
    Never forget I-75 at rush hour on a Friday just tryin to squeeze in a few more miles eager to " get there" to the Smokeys.
    NEVER AGAIN !!! Ever since, I drive five hours a week (if we can get it) or more like four days at a time.

Nowadays, with so many Rv'ers on the road and online reservations ( up to a year in advance), taking up nearly EVERY Friday and Saturday nights, it makes finding weekly sites nearly impossible and very hard to "wing it" without planning so far in advance..... especially for a Sunday crossing LOL

State parks ought to reserve 20% of their spaces for "walk ups"..... I've written many pleading for them to do so.

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our preferred way to get thru Atlanta is via US231 and I65 in Alabama.
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been making this trip up I-75 from Ft. Myers to Atlanta every other weekend for the past 6 weeks towing a U-Haul trailer as we prepare to move up to Blairsville. Going to do it again this Friday. I leave Ft. Myers around 7:00 pm, and hit a rest area just south of Atlanta, crawl in the back seat of the truck and catch a 1-2 hour power nap, then hit Atlanta around 3:00 - 4:00 am Saturday morning wide awake. Northbound I just stay on I-75. I come back the next night, leaving Blairsville around 11:00 pm. When going south I take I-285 around Atlanta which seems to be easier than staying on I-75.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    I've been making this trip up I-75 from Ft. Myers to Atlanta every other weekend for the past 6 weeks towing a U-Haul trailer as we prepare to move up to Blairsville. Going to do it again this Friday. I leave Ft. Myers around 7:00 pm, and hit a rest area just south of Atlanta, crawl in the back seat of the truck and catch a 1-2 hour power nap, then hit Atlanta around 3:00 - 4:00 am Saturday morning wide awake. Northbound I just stay on I-75. I come back the next night, leaving Blairsville around 11:00 pm. When going south I take I-285 around Atlanta which seems to be easier than staying on I-75.
    We live in Blairsville now. Been going back and forth from Naples for years. We just take 129 North from Macon straight up over Blood Mnt. Takes maybe an extra half hour but light traffic.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashcom View Post
    our preferred way to get thru Atlanta is via US231 and I65 in Alabama.
    Exactly the way we do it!
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123