Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
    Did you get new 7k axles, or just the springs.
    The only difference between the 6K axles and the 7K axles, are the brakes. Yep. When I finely moved up to Disk brakes, made the axles the same. And upgraded to load range L tires. And 110psi wheels. Not easy to find 6 bolt wheels that can support 110psa and 4400 lbs. Found some nice black aluminum ones. Sendel Brand..
    Looking now and it looks like 7K axles are using 8 lugs. Not what I found when I was looking last time....
    Kept the 6 lug wheels...Same capacity as the 7 K setup. But, lets not forget, I did not increase the weight of the Trailer. GD figured 6K axles were fine. Now the weak link is the outside bearing, Just a little smaller then the 7K bearing. The inside is the same. And last thing, Added 1/2 inch studs.
    Further research, both use the same bearings in and out. So not much difference...
    Last edited by phonemannn; 11-02-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I have the 2019 311 and found the springs flat as well, with a slight "W" shape around the axle. I was going to replace with 3K springs again but Think I'll do 3.5K like you. Also looking at Morryde SRE 4000 eq.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12