Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New to full timing... Questions

You’re where I was 2 years ago.
    I spent a full year doing research and asking questions, before buying the truck or trailer.
    My advice is spend a LOT more time reading online and doing research, WAY before you take that plunge. You have a mountain of data to analyze before you will be prepared and owe it to yourself to take your time, do the research and do it right.
    I constantly see people that have no clue what they’re doing but they go ahead and buy an RV because they have an idea what it might be like. I see people that don’t know how to back in but they went ahead and bought a massive trailer and planned a 2,000 mile trip.
    My advice is “rent” whatever type RV you think you want to live in. If it’s a trailer rent the same one or as close to it as possible. Rent the same truck you’re planning to buy and try it out for a weekend or a month.
    It’s better than spending thousands of dollars only to figure out that’s not what you really want.
    You might decide trailers aren’t for you and you’d be more comfortable in a class C, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m also trying to crunch the numbers to see if I can pull a 2020 2970 RL. With my 2019 5.7 Toyota Tundra I know the numbers are really close but I plan on buying it around Houston and parking it around the Houston area to full time in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildnwonderful View Post
    I’m also trying to crunch the numbers to see if I can pull a 2020 2970 RL. With my 2019 5.7 Toyota Tundra I know the numbers are really close but I plan on buying it around Houston and parking it around the Houston area to full time in.
    Heavy duty vs light duty. We pull around the mountains in all weather conditions, we do heavy duty pulling, as a result I bought a truck that has about 20% more capacity than I am towing. If I were to pull only near the flat area of Houston for short distances I would be more inclined to have a truck that barely meets minimum requirements.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    It’s better than spending thousands of dollars only to figure out that’s not what you really want.
    That was nearly prophetic, being camp ground hosts folks are more inclined to just come up and talk to us than they normally would be, it's ok, but as a result we end up giving the 25 cent tour of our Momentum 376 often. I feel bad for the husband that got the "tour" last night. His wife was really pissed at him. He had talked her into a 2020 5th wheel that didn't have much storage, didn't have a garage, didn't have a pantry, didn't have a front living room... the list went on. I didn't know what model/brand they had, but she was not a happy camper.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    That was nearly prophetic, being camp ground hosts folks are more inclined to just come up and talk to us than they normally would be, it's ok, but as a result we end up giving the 25 cent tour of our Momentum 376 often. I feel bad for the husband that got the "tour" last night. His wife was really pissed at him. He had talked her into a 2020 5th wheel that didn't have much storage, didn't have a garage, didn't have a pantry, didn't have a front living room... the list went on. I didn't know what model/brand they had, but she was not a happy camper.
    Dallas: I made that mistake with my motorcycle... I thought, "Oh, I can't afford the Ultra that I really want... I'll start small...." Well, long story short, while I loved all those 'little' bikes, I spent way more money than I should have. RV - I've had trailers, I've had a class A, and a brand new Class C. I'm in the process of buying a 376TH to live aboard - was not going to make those mistakes again - start where we want to be, don't cut corners. Now, if that damned appraisal will just get done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12