Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satellite connections

We picked up our new 2015 369 Wednesday trading in an 2012 alpine. It is incredible compared to the Alpine.

My question #1 is the satellite connections are separate to each area (living room, bedroom and basement). Is there a way to connect living room and Bedroom as clone? I only have 1 reciever this trip as the alpine only had one satellite connection and I use winegard carryout.

Question 2--Next year when we go back to colorado for summer do the regular satellite dishes (not portable) have 3 connections so I can connect the 3 satellite connections in the convenience center and just bring 3 recievers I already have in arizona? Is it that simple??

Aeromech
    There was a wiring diagram with our owners info. If you remove the wall plate inside the door to the right of the TV the bottom connection goes to your receiver. The top right wire,(ours was white) looking at the back of the plate is going to the bedroom and basement. If you connect to this out of the receiver that will get what your after. I use the HDMI to the main TV.
    We have the Dish Hopper at home and they only allow the one HD tuner in addition to the Hopper at home. The Dish 1000 dish at home has 3 outputs so if you don't have the Hopper setup you should be able to run 3 separate receivers.
    I don't know much about DirectTV.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the explanation. Shows quality of company that already has 3 separate connections to Living room, Bedroom and basement!! Happy to hear the Dish 1000 has 3 connections already!! Since I have been using Winegard auto dish how do you find the satellites on your Dish 1000? Is there anything new that helps so it is simple and easy (I have read the toughest part of trying to set up your dish is finding the satellites).

Aeromech
    I use the Wineguard Carryout now since I can only have the one receiver but before the Hopper we used the Dish 1000. I used the lighter weight tripod that comes with the carry bag. I had the small round bubble level that fits in the end of the tube. The tripod tube needs to be as level as possible (vertical) or you will waste a lot of time hunting for satellites. Find your elevation and skew for the area you are in and set them on the Dish 1000 then set it on your tube. There is a chart of all the Ele, Skew and Azimuth settings for all the zip codes in the U.S. at www.mydish.com/support/filestream.ashx?ID=2621 for Dish 1000. Point your dish in the azimuth/direction for zip code you are in. On your TV and receiver go to menu then 6,1,1 on remote to get the signal strength and tone. Point your dish to the azimuth listed. I leave a window or door open and listen for a signal tone and tweak as needed for best strength. This sounds like a lot of work and kind of is but after you do it a couple of times it gets to be relatively quick and easy. Hint. When you aim for azimuth use the flat brackets that go to the tube clamp on the bottom of the dish for a pointing reference. Also if you switch between using a Carryout and the Dish 1000 you have to run the "check switch" every time you change. I leave our receiver "active" when 5er is home in the shop and plug it in to the permanently mounted Dish 1000 so it doesn't lose the "hit".
    Sorry so long winded. If anything's confusing just ask.
    I also have a mod to fold down the Dish 1000 arm to make it a bit more compact for stowing but with the 369RL it's not as big a problem.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for explanation--
    Last questions-Your last sentence said--I also have a mod to fold down the Dish 1000 arm to make it a bit more compact for stowing
    1) What is a Mod to fold down the arm as that could help protect the Dish 1000 "eyes". Is this something extra I need to buy for Dish 1000?
    2) You also said use a lighter weight tripod. How did you secure Tripod as there can be incredible winds here.

Aeromech
    I have never anchored the tripod and didn't have any problems but it has holes in the foot pads to use tent stakes.
    The mod I did was to drill out the "rivets" or tack welds at the base of the LNB arm and run 2 bolts through in opposite directions then flat washer and plastic thumb nuts. When it's time to go remove the lower bolt and pivot the arm in towards the dish and stick the bolt back in the hole. Setup just reverse. It works well and helps keep the LNB arm from sticking out during transit.