Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    One last thing going through paperwork on 385 found paperwork for trailer weight showing weights for trailer including left and right side weights for trailer. Do not know how accurate they are but it came from Grand design, reminds me of my career in aircraft maintenance In the Air Force doing weight and balance on aircraft. Hoodie
    I understand that GD weighs every unit off the line...dry pin weight, right and left side weight and total weight. What is the listed dry pin weight? Now that you know your truck weights you can add that pin weight and compare it to the trucks GVWR and RAWR...I'm sure that you're okay on both counts. Again that's unloaded weights...not sure if your pin weight will increase or decrease once loaded, particularly something in the garage.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

thompsjk
    My pin box has 3 bolts in the front set of holes and 2 in the back set of holes. 5 per side total of 10, if I lower the pin box I will only have 2 bolts in the front set of holes. The pic on their website only has 2 bolts in the front set of holes. If bolt integrity is the issue then using eight Grade 8 bolts would be stronger then the ten Grade 5 bolts that are in it now. I also do not have the clearance in between the pin box and the front cap like the one in the pic, that is the other indication that it is lower than mine.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsjk View Post
    I have not gotten any weights yet. This is the original reply that I got back from them.

"Lowering the pin box is not recommended by LCI as you’re losing the integrity of the pin box. Adding air bags to the truck may be needed.

JD Adams
    Warranty Service Rep
    Grand Design RV"

We have had several e-mails back and forth on this and it seems to me that blaming the truck is the quickest and easiest thing for them to do.
    Odd. Why all those holes if you aren't allowed to use them?
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12