Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion fireplace FF26C15A-BL Flashing code 88

We just picked up our Reflection Trailer yesterday from the dealer. Super thrilled! Although 2nd hand its 'only a 2018 model. We expected a few possible glitches as most trailers have. First let me say that we have been looking at the Grand Design for years now and love the quality. We are finding that the fireplace FF26C15A-BL is coding 88. We live in Canada and it is very cold. We ran the fireplace to heat it up while I cleaned it and started to put our belongs inside. Next morning when powering it up again it just flashed and gave the code 88. My husband blew warm air into the vent thinking maybe moisture formed and froze it up (sensor?)..This seemed to work but is there a way to avoid this from reoccurring? Thank you for any suggestions. Also could there have been a recall on this item?

Thanks for any suggestions

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am not aware of any recall for these fire places. There are lots of info on here from trimming the holes larger around the sensors on the front to total replacement.

I also removed your other post in the "feed back to the factory" section , unfortunately they do not monitor here any more (hoping they return).

Use the white search box in the upper right of this page and you will find lots of posts.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD replaced my fireplace because of flashing light, seems Furrion has a lot of fireplaces out there with defective sensor. First tried cutting wire mesh and this didn't work. Very easy to replace fireplace.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this feedback.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Havelock,

I can't directly help with your fireplace problem, but I wanted to welcome you to this forum.
    Obviously . . . your forum name (finally) caught my eye .
    Please fill out your signature with some more about you guys and exactly which Reflection you have.
    From "your neighbourhood" . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had code 88 on my fireplace when I tried to use it when camper was about 33 degrees. Turned on gas heater and heated up to about 45 degrees, then fireplace worked ok. Has worked fine since then.
    Ron & Dianne

2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2012 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel, SWR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that information. We unplugged and restarted the fireplace and so far it has been working. Maybe because it was warmer today. Still getting it looked at by the dealer in case they have a solution.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If still under warranty it could be replaced. Ours did the same thing, would not turn on when cold , interesting that when cold is when you need heat. GD replaced ours with a different model, seems to be good so far but have not been out in the cold yet.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the welcome. You said you are from our neighborhood, where would that be?