User Tag List

Thread: Goldwing

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldwing

wife and I both have Goldwings we enjoy riding with our local GWRRA chapter and other friends.
    My wife is the plant and flower woman.. She spends all day outside (weather permitting)
    I have an "N" scale DCC train set up in a spare bedroom that I like to tinker with as well.
    Mark & Andrea (AKA Power guy)
    2017 F250 6.7

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msarlitto View Post
    wife and I both have Goldwings we enjoy riding with our local GWRRA chapter and other friends.
    My wife is the plant and flower woman.. She spends all day outside (weather permitting)
    I have an "N" scale DCC train set up in a spare bedroom that I like to tinker with as well.
    I have an '06 that I hope to soon put many more miles on. Current home on the Emerald Coast does not lend itself to a lot of riding. (Hwy 98 is not the safest road...my club has lost two members to motorcycle accidents over the last several years.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I enjoyed riding our various Goldwings over the past 29 years, but after we started camping, the bike (a loaded 2012 GL1800 sat in the garage. It had <13,000 miles since new, fewer than five hundred in the past year), so we sold it last year. I almost traded it toward the TT, but decided that morning to keep it for another year and then decide. I had ridden since 1980, so hanging up the helmet was not an easy decision. Even the serious motorcycle and ATV crashes we responded to as EMT's did not deter us from riding.

Otherwise, my wife likes her cooking and gardening, and I like computers and ham radio (she shares that hobby to some extent). As we are both retired and getting older, we are finally spending more time together.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I spent 7 years working weekends during the warmer months as Instructors/Coaches with the largest Motorcycle track day organization in the U.S. After we both "retired" from Instructing/Coaching, we still enjoy riding our street bikes. She has an FZ07 and I have a FZ09 and I've got the garage setup to be able to haul both of them PLUS two bicycles, which we also enjoy. Here are a couple of pics of us on the track....she is 66 and I'm 64....these were taken a couple of years ago...

Peggy coming out of the final turn and onto the front straight at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, AL If you look closely, at the bottom of the fairing in the middle of the bike, You'll see where there is a decal that says Honda on it. If you look closer, you can see the matching decal.....except it's the one on the other side of the bike. She ain't afraid to lean it over is she?

Me bending the right hander at Little Talladaga Gran Prix track in Munford/Talladaga, AL....
    Last edited by xrated; 04-18-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"