User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll help , Howard is camping with no signal , ( pretty good camping spot I think). The reference library is on the home page below Grand Design campouts and rallies.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...rms-(Multiple)

That's the link to the PDI post.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    Howard:
    Where is the reference library?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi FLTom52,

Not Howard . . . but go to the "Forum" tab and scroll down to "Reference Library" https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...erence-Library

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi FLTom52,

Not Howard . . . but go to the "Forum" tab and scroll down to "Reference Library" https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...erence-Library

Rob
    Ha , beat ya.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob and Brian:

If DW and I ( with no RV experience at all) decided to pay a professional RV inspector to check over our potential first fifth wheel, would we be doing this at the same time as the PDI?

Also in most cases would we have at most just a down payment towards the fifth wheel to create the PDI.

Next after the PDI has been finished, what steps follow? At what point would the professional inspection results be passed on to the dealer.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob and Brian:

If DW and I ( with no RV experience at all) decided to pay a professional RV inspector to check over our potential first fifth wheel, would we be doing this at the same time as the PDI?

Also in most cases would we have at most just a down payment towards the fifth wheel to create the PDI.

Next after the PDI has been finished, what steps follow? At what point would the professional inspection results be passed on to the dealer.
    Hi FLTom52,

Are you thinking of buying new or used? I don't know that a "professional RV inspector" would have much to add to the PDI process on a new RV. Certainly could be a valuable perspective on buying a used RV. Water is probably the biggest enemy on any RV, as they age. These things are not built from "waterproof" materials . . . so, keeping the water out is of primary importance. Most of what an "RV inspector" will look for is water damage and whether all the appliances are working. On the purchase of a new RV, you can expect the dealer to demonstrate that every appliance and device is working. There will not have been time for any water damage. On a new RV purchase you have a warranty and even if your dealer "drops the ball" on warranty coverage, GDRV has proven (many times over) that they will make it right.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have thought you had a plan!

Hi FLTom52,

Are you thinking of buying new or used? I don't know that a "professional RV inspector" would have much to add to the PDI process on a new RV. Certainly could be a valuable perspective on buying a used RV. Water is probably the biggest enemy on any RV, as they age. These things are not built from "waterproof" materials . . . so, keeping the water out is of primary importance. Most of what an "RV inspector" will look for is water damage and whether all the appliances are working. On the purchase of a new RV, you can expect the dealer to demonstrate that every appliance and device is working. There will not have been time for any water damage. On a new RV purchase you have a warranty and even if your dealer "drops the ball" on warranty coverage, GDRV has proven (many times over) that they will make it right.

Rob
    Probably new . I see your point. But would there be any potential problem buying a late ‘19 model that might have been on the lot for 200+ days that an inspector might find that I wouldn’t see.

Last edited by FLTom52; 03-30-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably new . I see your point. But would there be any potential problem buying a late ‘19 model that might have been on the lot for 200+ days that an inspector might find that I wouldn’t see.
    If a GDRV product sat on a dealer's lot for 200 days . . . an independent inspection might be a good idea. You will find that most fly off the dealer's lot in far less time than this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a GDRV product sat on a dealer's lot for 200 days . . . an independent inspection might be a good idea. You will find that most fly off the dealer's lot in far less time than this.

Rob
    Rob
    So we are looking at a Reflection at a nearby dealer. However we have a busy schedule in our life until mid July, so we are waiting before we buy. The Reflection we are looking at looks squirrelly on the bottom. Again, I’m no expert and why I was thinking of an inspection if this unit is available by then. I am speaking about a unit that appears to have been trailered from the factory in the winter perhaps on roads of snow ( and salt). Potential future corrosion concerns me.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dealer should be getting in certain models at different intervals through out the year. They have an idea what they are getting and when. My opinion , I would wait till May or June and talk to dealer and see if they have the model you like coming in soon and put a deposit on it to hold until you get to look it over. You also could order what ever you want. On that has been sitting for a while on the lot might have a cheaper price tag but this time of the year runs the risk of the "salty road" problems. An inspector might be a good way to go, they will be working for your best interest , and this being your first might be helpful. You might be able to do the inspection with the inspector , if they allow. Make sure you get one that is not affiliated with the dealer. This would be a great learning experience and help you to get to know your camper. If you decide to do your own PDI this is usually done on the day you take delivery. You will show up at dealer's in the morning spend a few hours or all day getting a walk thru of how everything works, checking that everything works , all before signing the papers and taking ownership. This is the time if something needs fixed to have it fixed before signing papers. When everything is to your satisfaction you sign papers and take the unit home or wherever you want to.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulation, Now you do not have to wait for retirement to start enjoying, getting out and glamping. You will enjoy it now, when you still can.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast