User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian and Rob for passing on your experience to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen to that Ditchdigger!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    Rob
    So we are looking at a Reflection at a nearby dealer. However we have a busy schedule in our life until mid July, so we are waiting before we buy. The Reflection we are looking at looks squirrelly on the bottom. Again, I’m no expert and why I was thinking of an inspection if this unit is available by then. I am speaking about a unit that appears to have been trailered from the factory in the winter perhaps on roads of snow ( and salt). Potential future corrosion concerns me.
    Our Reflection was built in December 2017. We took delivery a couple of weeks after the build when it arrived in Ontario, Canada, and immediately left for Florida with it. Weeks later I looked underneath and could not BELIEVE how rusted it was - deep, flaky rust over much of its frame and surface rust on many components. It looked years old after three journeys on winter roads (Indiana to dealer to nearby home to Florida. It’s one of the (lesser) reasons we traded it.

You are wise to be aware of this issue.
    Last edited by boyscout; 03-31-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamer1 Update on 2930RL

Finally! What was only two weeks seemed like an eternity, we took possession of our Solitude yesterday and couldn't be more thrilled.....what a beautiful rig. Anyone considering this model will not be disappointed. Word to the Wise....Go ahead of time and clean house, didn't realize how much stuff we have accumulated since we got our other RV in 2011 and how much stuff we don't use! Besides you need the tax write off so make a trip to the goodwill!
    We spent the entire day yesterday getting ready for delivery, taking our stuff out of the old rig, moving the old RV off our site etc. and reversing everything to get settled in our new rig. Although I'm a sore unit now, yesterday couldn't have been more enjoyable. We are biting at the bits to get back out there but were expecting colder weather here in Nebraska and the week after that is Easter and Family gatherings.
    Because of the colder weather coming I decided to not hook up the water and leave our unit winterized, better to be safe then sorry!
    Looking forward to a great camping season and what's more fun than having a new camper to play with and enjoy? Hope all is well with the Grand Design Owners Community and we will keep in touch when we are finally able to experience our first night in the 2930RL!
    Fred and Paula
    2019 Solitude S Class 2930RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    Nebraska (Currently)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. That is almost the exact same way the wife and I ended up with our new Momentum last month. When it is meant to be, it will be. Also, congratulations on the 43 years, we are on 42. Thank God for strong women. Happy camping for another several years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcharper View Post
    Congratulations. That is almost the exact same way the wife and I ended up with our new Momentum last month. When it is meant to be, it will be. Also, congratulations on the 43 years, we are on 42. Thank God for strong women. Happy camping for another several years.
    Thanks JC and congrats to on 42 years in this day and age unfortunately that is not the norm! I hope you enjoy your Momentum just as much as I think we will. Retirement for us is right around the corner so the use will increase! Take care and keep in touch!
    Fred and Paula
    2019 Solitude S Class 2930RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    Nebraska (Currently)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun! Enjoy the Grand Design ride!
    Sold our Salem travel trailer that's been all over the USA and going big in the spring after the snow melts.
    2021 Solitude 310GK (first of year 2021)
    2020 Chevrolet 3500HD duramax Crew Cab

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123