User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not going to address all the hypothetical or technical points of discussion but I will give you a real world answer. My 13,500 lb 337 rode 40,000 miles on BFG 16" LT tires without a flat or anything else. I recently installed Sailun tires but only because BFG no longer was making the Duravis R250 so I decided to try these. I'm not advocating the LT tires over the ST tires but I'm just giving you my experience. I think if I had to do it again I would have gone straight to the Sailun tires. I'm not so convinced on the GY Endurance tires yet.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess you guys are right. I appreciate all the help. I am now in between upgrading to 16" or just replacing my 15" with Goodyear Endurance . There is quite a difference in load range between st225 75R 15 2830 (28.3 " diameter ) and the 16" 235 75R 16 3420 ( 30.8" Diameter ). I do like the tires being built here in the USA and a speed rating of 87mph. I never intend to drive that fast but think the tire must be built better to increase the speed rating from 65 mph to 87 mph.. Again I appreciate all your thoughts. Thanks !
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys! I agree with you and appreciate the comments. I am leaning towards the Goodyear endurance 16" because the new Reflections have 16" wheels and tires so thought it might be a good idea to do the same. The only thought that has been brought up is the larger tires might ride rough and I don't want to install a rough riding tire that would work on my trailer. But they are installing them on the new Reflection 303rls so they should be ok? Thanks for the comments.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to purchase Goodyear Endurance tires. Is an "E" rating sufficient for a 303? I currently have 16" Westlakes.

Thanks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care what the NHTSA ratings say on weight limits. If you take a Chinese made 16" ST tire like a Westlake and compare it side by side to a Bridgestone or Michelin 16" ribbed LT(E) tire, you would not believe the difference in weight, sidewall thickness and tread depth. My Bridgestone Duravis R250's are incredibly tough tires and they're capable of 100,000+ miles if they went on a 3/4 ton pickup truck. They were just over $200 per tire and slightly less expensive than the comparable Michelin tires. Costco sells them mainly to utility companies to go on utility bed trucks with cranes and construction companies for service trucks. They're produced in Tennessee, and a fresh supply is readily available any time in Firestone/Bridgestone's Smyrna warehouse. I've never heard of one single tire problem with these tires.

Yes, we now the Goodyear Endurance ST tire that's American made. I have not seen them or priced them. I do know they've sold a bunch of those tires to replace the inferior Chinese built Goodyear Marathon tire. Go for it with that tire.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that an E rated tire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I don't care what the NHTSA ratings say on weight limits. If you take a Chinese made 16" ST tire like a Westlake and compare it side by side to a Bridgestone or Michelin 16" ribbed LT(E) tire, you would not believe the difference in weight, sidewall thickness and tread depth. My Bridgestone Duravis R250's are incredibly tough tires and they're capable of 100,000+ miles if they went on a 3/4 ton pickup truck. They were just over $200 per tire and slightly less expensive than the comparable Michelin tires. Costco sells them mainly to utility companies to go on utility bed trucks with cranes and construction companies for service trucks. They're produced in Tennessee, and a fresh supply is readily available any time in Firestone/Bridgestone's Smyrna warehouse. I've never heard of one single tire problem with these tires.

Yes, we now the Goodyear Endurance ST tire that's American made. I have not seen them or priced them. I do know they've sold a bunch of those tires to replace the inferior Chinese built Goodyear Marathon tire. Go for it with that tire.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Getting ready to purchase Goodyear Endurance tires. Is an "E" rating sufficient for a 303? I currently have 16" Westlakes.

Thanks.
    I think the 303 is probably at the point of not knowing. It should be good but it is awful close to not being good because of the weight. When we bought our 303 they came with 15" wheels. We ordered ours with 16" wheels. You get a far better choice of different tires with the 16" tires. After doing some research we found out there was a lot more reports of failures with E-rated tries than G-rated tires. The trailer came with E-rated tires so we ran with them for 3 years. When we took them off we found separations starting in the treads of the tire. So glad we decided to get new one's when we did. They would not have gotten us through another summer. We went with Sailun G-rated tires after that and have been happy with them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info, thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes my 323BHS has 16" LT/E tires. I see no need for G rated tires, but the Sailuns are the only Chinese tire that's spoken very highly of on the internet. And they're inexpensive.
    Last edited by Bamaman; 01-05-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12