User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    just to follow up on my original rant/post --- we have been able to use the unit a couple of times and each time there are more and more issues === suffice it to say that the list now tops 50 items -- all factory defects
    GD service advisor very patronizing -- "sorry for your issues,but we handling for you - are we not?" grrrrrr not my point my point is there should not be that many issues with a brand new unit --- if I purchased a used unit, I could accept the issues.... but having spent mucho denaros on this unit --- I am not a very happy camper
    Meeting with my Dealer GM and hopefully owner to discuss what recourse we/they have with GD with the number of issues and the amount of time and $ the dealer is billing GD for the repairs. I am sure it is now into the 10,000 + mark .....
    I do like the layout and the functionality of the unit, just not the quality control aspect.
    --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharont View Post
    Hi All,
    just to follow up on my original rant/post --- we have been able to use the unit a couple of times and each time there are more and more issues === suffice it to say that the list now tops 50 items -- all factory defects
    GD service advisor very patronizing -- "sorry for your issues,but we handling for you - are we not?" grrrrrr not my point my point is there should not be that many issues with a brand new unit --- if I purchased a used unit, I could accept the issues.... but having spent mucho denaros on this unit --- I am not a very happy camper
    Meeting with my Dealer GM and hopefully owner to discuss what recourse we/they have with GD with the number of issues and the amount of time and $ the dealer is billing GD for the repairs. I am sure it is now into the 10,000 + mark .....
    I do like the layout and the functionality of the unit, just not the quality control aspect.
    --
    In my opinion you should demand a new rv and cash.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    --
    Almost every item you have mentioned should have been detected by the dealer PDI. Once you have the issue(s) resolved, I would consider a new dealer. Our dealer fixed every issue prior to delivery or requesting any paperwork be signed. They layed nothing off on GD or "it was delivered this way and bring it back under warranty". They stepped up before the sale. YMMV. Coachlight RV in Carthage Missouri gets my thumbs up.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 08-07-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THKS --I am not looking for warranty work to be done -- GD has been good about dealing with the multiple issues that have come up -- I am just frustrated with the number of issues...
    to Date this is the list of things - some are minor to be expected issues, others are major factory faux pas that should have been caught prior to shipment - I have no issue the the warranty, just an issue with number of items and the delay in getting parts ..
    Deficiency list
    December 12, 2018- updated Jan 2019 –*Updated Feb28, 2019- **Updated April 01, 2019 BOLD type items completed

1. Bumper pads on the rear door latches were missing – causing scratches on the rear door and the latch -- PADS INSTALLED
    2. The Awning rail was not attached to the unit at rear 1 foot of the rail – screws missing – SCREWS INSTALLED
    3. Water leakage from the range hood vent – no silicone sealer – RANGE VENT REMOVED SILICONE PLACED
    4. Water leakage on the bed slide- poor silicone application on the lower panel at the base of the slide and no silicone on the slide rail joint on the rear side of the slide-- SILICONE PLACED
    5. One of the recliners does not recline and both chairs make a very loud grinding sound when swivelled – CHAIR RECLINE MECHANISM REPAIRED – CHAIRS STILL GRIND ON SWIVEL – ADVISED THIS WAS “NORMAL”
    6. Awning leaks at the rail in several places – poor silicone application – STILL LEAKS
    7. The wood cover panel under the fridge was cracked and the bottom center screw was stripped - WAS REPAIED BY FURNITURE DOCTOR – ACCEPTABLE APPEARANCE
    8. The shower head was installed backwards – initial usage resulted in washing the wall and ceiling in the shower stall. – SHOWER HEAD ADJUSTED TO CORRECT DIRECTION
    9. The wall panel to the left of the fridge was bulging mid way up the panel – basically at eye level it was bulging out approx. 1/8-1/4 “ -- WAS REPAIRED SATISFACTORLY
    10. The J wrap by the entrance door was unsupported causing it to flap during travel – SUPPPORT BRACKET INSTALLED
    11. Silicone application at base joint in the shower was very poorly done – was redone before delivery
    12. Several of the screws in the outer hatch doors were loose or missing – SCREW REPLACED
    13. Storage hatch access door on the back side (water service hatch) the latch was cross threaded and the door hinge is either loose or bent as the door wobbles when opened. – WE REPAIRED CROSS THREADED LATCH OUR SELVES – NEW DOOR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INSTALLED –
    14. Several of the staples attaching the ceiling panel were very visible – either requiring filler and or re insertion. – WAS CLEANED APPROPRIATELY
    15. The Generator door rattles -- NEW DOOR SUPPOSED TO BE INSTALLED
    16. The initial cleaning of the unit prior to factory to dealer delivery was very poor- there was a lot of sawdust and wire bits thru out the unit in cupboards and on the floor thru out - UNIT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN CLEANED AT EACH APPOINTMENT – STILL FOUND SAWDUST AND WIRE SCRAPS ON THE MAIN FLOOR AREA
    17. The screen on the emergency window in the bedroom does not seem to be seated WINDOW BEING REPLACED
    18. ONAN Generator malfunction – Code 3 – 27 – No voltage output detected - WAS MIS WIRED FROM THE FACTORY – RE WIRED CORRECTLY AT DEALER
    19. Door face bulging on anterior passenger side exterior storage compartment – DOOR BEING REPLACED BY LIPPERT, LABOUR COVERED BY GD BUT SHIPPING IS NOT BEING COVERED BY EITHER
    20. *Bedframe corner damaged due to water leakage – STILL WAITING FOR PART
    21. *Front bedroom window seal popping out – WINDOW BEING REPLACED
    22. * Interior fuel gauge is not reading correctly – MIS WIRED FROM FACTORY – NEW UNIT ON ORDER
    23. **all 6 head rests delaminating - Pending
    24. **J wrap pulling away from side wall passenger side Distal to the door – Pending
    25. ** stripped screw UR corner of front Check plate – check plate pulling away at the corner -Pending
    As to item 22, Fuel gauge not reading correctly, does it read at all? If not check out TSB 19-001 from Grand Design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12