User Tag List

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Shade Mounting Brackets

I am having issues, with multiple windows now, where the pull down shade comes out of the mounting bracket. At first it kept happening to just my front shade, but now I have a couple of other windows were it is happening. Seems now that every trip there is at least one that needs to be snapped back in. Very difficult to snap back in too.

Has anyone else experienced this, and, if so, has anyone found a permanent solution?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The brackets are made of remarkably low-quality steel and can easily be bent out of shape. When our dealer had to replace a blind the technician bent the brackets and the blind fell out on its first trip.

The bracket is mounted with a single screw, and if removed its fingers can be easily reshaped to more-securely hold the blind and to ensure that the spring-loaded clamp operates properly throughout its range. It’s an exercise in contortion to get the bracket remounted and the blind re-installed; a test of character.
    Last edited by boyscout; 04-01-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those the black roller (pull down roller ) or tan fabric pulldown ? I'm repacing tan blinds in bedroom in 2019 with black roll down..to much light comes in with tan. No ploblem with any of the other rolldown. All others are in living area are black roll down. The tan blinds let in to much light difficult to move , we have car sun screens pushed up in them ,very attractive! Newer 2019 have all roll down models. I think this should be covered under warranty. GD doesn't agree!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    Are those the black roller (pull down roller ) or tan fabric pulldown ? I'm repacing tan blinds in bedroom in 2019 with black roll down..to much light comes in with tan. No ploblem with any of the other rolldown. All others are in living area are black roll down. The tan blinds let in to much light difficult to move , we have car sun screens pushed up in them ,very attractive! Newer 2019 have all roll down models. I think this should be covered under warranty. GD doesn't agree!
    I dunno about black rollers, sorry, don't have any in our Solitude.

However this thread is about the low-quality brackets that hold the rolling blinds in place. If yours are the same you may have some frustration with them when you're replacing your roller blinds.

The release "button" is at the front / outside side of the bracket, difficult to release with a beefy finger behind the valance but if you use a tool be gentle or you'll bend the bracket such that it will no longer clamp back onto the blind. Then you'll have to remove it and re-shape it to work again - very soft metal. Putting the blind back into the brackets is a challenge - again be gentle, and send the kids outside so they don't hear you "commenting" on this feature of our trailers.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch