User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Terrible Oder

Jody Hammond

Terrible Oder

My Solitude 379FL has a sulfur Oder when I turn on the kitchen sink or shower head.
    I'm talking rotten eggs! I don't smell it from the bathroom sink. The water in a glass stinks!
    I'm on a well and my 2006 Sunny Brook has never had this issue and still doesn't .?????

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vents might be messed up, or try cleaning tanks by the geo method the geo method worked for my 369RL
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed

Jody Hammond
    What is the Geo method?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post

thanks for the link Dave

John
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jody,

You did not mention if you are pulling water directly from the well to your faucets or if you are filling the RV holding tank with well water then pulling water from the holding tank. This is important: I would not suggest using the GEO tank cleansing method to clean your fresh H20 holding tank.

Since you mentioned a glass of water smells like rotten eggs I "assume" the smell is not limited to hot water. Many times aluminum water heaters will contribute to hydrogen-sulfide odor. My suggestion (for what it's worth) is to begin by putting 3 cups clorox (or other brand bleach) per 100 gals water into your fresh water holding tank, fill the tank, then pull water to all fixtures (hot and cold) until you smell chlorine. Let it sit for 24-hrs an this should kill any bacteria that has grown in the water distribution lines.

If you are pulling water directly from the well and there is H2SO4 odor in your Solitude, but not in your Sunny Brook (assuming the SB is still hooked up and on a different supply line) then it seems logical that the supply line from the well head to the Solitude has bacteria growth in it and a chlorine treatment is needed for it also. The 3rd possibility is, if both the Solitude & the Sunny Brook have the odor, then the well needs to be treated and most likely you have dealt with that previously.

Use the Geo Method on the waste tanks and hopefully things will be good.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When using the GEO method, is it necessary and/or okay to continue using standard black water tank chemicals for the purpose of helping to dissolve waste solids?
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

mgibbo
    Jody, I also own a 379fl and had the same odor when the camper was new. After some use the smell went away. We've been camping 8 times.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy & Julie,
    I use std black water chemicals along with the Geo method with no problems in both gray and black water tanks. The best that I can tell, most of the "std chemicals" provide more odor control than anything else. Dish washing detergent and water softeners help keep the tank sides and electronic level sensors clean.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retread68, thank you.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel