User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide needs adjusting?

We had a hole develop in our flooring near the island and found a slight bubble in this area underneath the floor. The area around it is shiny so the slide was rubbing on this bubble. Since then the floor has developed some shiny spots underneath where the slide comes in and a shiny line where the end of the slide stops.

When the slide is retracted I have less than 1" clearance on one side, more than 1" on the other side and the center of the slide pretty well touches the floor. Is this normal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide 1 - Near TV.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide 2 - Near the door.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide 3 - Center.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	798

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing GD will ask for is your rig model and vin. Maybe you can create a profile signature to let everyone know this info when you post.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

rcb
    Our unit also has the shiny spot on floor from the slide rubbing. It looks like the OSB is bowing from the weight of the lounge chairs. We put cardboard between the slide and floor while traveling to hopefully prevent further damage. I don't think adjusting the slide higher will solve the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Signature created. I sent this information to the dealer last week but haven't heard back yet. Good idea with the cardboard.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed there is a lot of "flex" in the LR floor when the slide is in on our Solitude as well. Maybe it's normal. Mine actually had the screws that attach the floor from the bottom at the rear of the slide pull through the OSB causing the floor to sag and separate from the rear wall of the slide. After looking at it closely, I was able to do the repair by removing the trim piece at the rear and remove the plastic runner that's taped to the underside of the floor. The screws used to attach the floor were way too small (IMO) and simply pulled through the OSB. I installed larger screws of the same length with large heads and counter sunk the heads until they were flush with the surface of the OSB. It pulled the floor back up tight. I re installed and re sealed the trim etc. So far so good. That's a really long piece of material with zero support in the middle when the slide is in. With furniture and such sitting on it and bouncing down the road, no wonder it flexes so much. I see it as a trouble spot over time. I think some improvement is needed there.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel